WRITE-UP : Basic DIY Jeep JL Wrangler FRONT END ALIGNMENT

jstrange3

Pull to the right

I’m running BFG KO2 285/70-17. Tire pressure is 37-38 psi all around. Got an alignment check today and all was within acceptable tolerances. Is this normal with larger tires?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The procedures for setting the toe-in call for checking the front measurement after each adjustment, but shouldn't we have to check both rear and front each time an adjustment is made?

Probably not a bad idea just to make sure but if you do a bit of math, you should have an idea of where you need to be without having to physically check things. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m running BFG KO2 285/70-17. Tire pressure is 37-38 psi all around. Got an alignment check today and all was within acceptable tolerances. Is this normal with larger tires?

Installing lager tires will not change your alignment. And, as mentioned, you're running a crazy amount of air in them.

Billetrubi

First post here and wanting to try to set my alignment myself when I install my lift this weekend. I've done lifts before but haven't done am alignment myself. My question is about the caster between driver and passenger side. I know when I shop has it on the rack the read caster on each side of the axle. Will using an angle finder on each side show different angles? If the control arms are set to the same length is that more important than have each side of the axle set to the same caster? Theoretically they should be the same if the arms are the same length but I'm sure there is some variation in mounting point locations that could cause them to differ. If they are different would you recommend leaving them set to the same length or adjusting them individually?

JrBiem

This helped a ton. I used it a couple days ago to install all 4 front Synergy arms. I measured 5 deg caster with the stock arms and set it to 6 deg with the new arms. That seemed to firm up the steering a little and help it track straighter. I'll be installing the rears in the next day or 2.