Tazer JL is now available, yay tire size control

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to JLWRANGLER. Thanks for letting us know these are available for order now. Do you happen to know if they're shipping? I have to say that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one to test it out.

dline

Thanks for the welcome, nice site here

Yes I got a confirmation email this morning of them shipping

dline

I have 33” and 35” tires so now I can switch back and forth very easily

And programmed my mopar tow hitch harness and turned off start stop function

13_gecko_rubi

Welcome to JLWRANGLER. Thanks for letting us know these are available for order now. Do you happen to know if they're shipping? I have to say that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one to test it out.
They are yes. Msg me if you want the guys contact info.

Sent via....

offcamber

My Tazer JL arrived today, unfortunately, my JL is in the shop getting the windshield replaced so I haven't been able to try it out.

30652736_10216359672324889_6265009631500697600_o.jpg

Last edited:

offcamber

Installed my Tazer today. Pretty simple except the Secure GateWay bypass plug is a PITA to get to. Took less than 2 minutes to program the tire size, adjust TPMS, turn off the Nav block and disable start and stop. I like that you can control it all through the steering wheel controls and the center cluster display. Oh and it adds light shows..lol..not that I see any real use for it but it's kinda cool for a freebie.

BillArnett

Installed my Tazer today. Pretty simple except the Secure GateWay bypass plug is a PITA to get to. Took less than 2 minutes to program the tire size, adjust TPMS, turn off the Nav block and disable start and stop. I like that you can control it all through the steering wheel controls and the center cluster display. Oh and it adds light shows..lol..not that I see any real use for it but it's kinda cool for a freebie.

That's good news! If my dealer won't cooperate I'll be getting one, too. What tires do you have and what pressure did you program for the warning?

(PS: the light show is silly :)
(PPS: maybe for emergencies you could program it to go: . . . - - - . . . . . . - - - . . .

Last edited:

Wale79

I received mine today but I cant find the SGW bypass plug, where did you find it? Thanks.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

What? Why on earth would you switch between two tire sizes?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
For daily driving vs. off-road.

I was thinking about it for traveling to one of the coasts or to Atlanta on 33’s for business, then putting the expensive 37’s on when I got there. That’d save me a few thousand miles on my tires per year. Maybe as much as 12,000.

But I don’t always need my trailer which might end up negating the savings. (I’m selling the 33’s.)

Ordered my Tazer. Thanks dline!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JAGS

They are yes. Msg me if you want the guys contact info.

Sent via....

Is this the same product mentioned a while back in another thread? I think in that thread you mention knowing/knowing of the owner and he was legit. It was for a programmer, just not sure the same one.