Tazer JL is now available, yay tire size control

ncbmx64

Received my Tazer over the weekend and have been playing around with it so far I am very happy with it. Couple questions I have are when running 37's with the automatic transmission is it normal that the transmission stays in 6th gear running highway speeds 65-80 mph? Very rarely does the transmission now get into 8th gear at any speed. Also when checking speed on speedo using iphone app to verify correct speed should I use the digital speedo or the analog speedo.

dajuicejml

I used a discount code for Zautomotive.com to order it too

Is the code still available?

2018 JLRU, EVO 2.5” Boost, 37x13.50x18 Toyo Open Country M/T, 18x9 Method Grid Wheels, AFE Hi Tuck Cat Back Exhaust, Warn Zeon 10s w/ JCR Winch Plate

Skippy

Received my Tazer over the weekend and have been playing around with it so far I am very happy with it. Couple questions I have are when running 37's with the automatic transmission is it normal that the transmission stays in 6th gear running highway speeds 65-80 mph? Very rarely does the transmission now get into 8th gear at any speed. Also when checking speed on speedo using iphone app to verify correct speed should I use the digital speedo or the analog speedo.

Digital will be easier as it will show you the actual number where the analog will make you sort of guess which number it is on. They are both exactly the same calibration and read from the same thing (i have read elsewhere).

dajuicejml

Tazer rep told me through facebook chat that coupon codes were available through members of the community. Does anyone have a coupon code??

dajuicejml

Ordered mine already [emoji1304]

2018 JLRU, EVO 2.5” Boost, 37x13.50x18 Toyo Open Country M/T, 18x9 Method Grid Wheels, AFE Hi Tuck Cat Back Exhaust, Warn Zeon 10s w/ JCR Winch Plate

BillArnett

Got mine yesterday, installed it today. Those connectors are a real PITA! It took me 3 rounds with Z's customer support to figure out where the damned things are (I was looking too far forward; they're very close to the dash plastic hidden behind a metal bar) and then a great deal of sweating and swearing to get them loose. After that all went smoothly. Set my tire size, reset the TMPS thresholds, 5 minutes and I'm all good to go. Checked it with my iPad's GPS on the freeway: spot on.

As a software engineer, I'm not impressed with the user interface or the documentation. OTOH, it works a lot better than the ProCal I had for my JK. But it works as advertised and that's what counts. And I am very impressed with Z Automotive's customer support. That makes all the difference in the world!

It's a cool little tool. It works great. The company is very receptive and quickly responds to questions. I noticed on some of their other products they had the ability assign Tazer functions to Aux buttons. I emailed them and asked if it would be possible to map functions (like winch mode, light show, etc) to the JL's aux buttons. They said they would add the mapping function to the aux buttons and it was pretty easy to do. They seem committed to keep digging into the code and seeing what else they can do. They added a few things last week with a new firmware release:

Line lock - if you for some reason wanted to do a burnout and smoke away a lot of cash
Winch mode - raises idle to 2000 rpm (accessible by hitting steering wheel buttons)
Rock Crawl - probably for non-rubi's, locks all 4 brakes to fake lockers.
Cool down - turn engine fans on demand when the ignition is on but engine not running.

I'm looking forward to see what else is possible with this thing.

Finally got my plugs undone and was able to hook up the Tazer. Love it so far!

Where do you find winch mode and cool down? I didn't see them anywhere in the menu.