Tazer JL is now available, yay tire size control

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is this the same product mentioned a while back in another thread? I think in that thread you mention knowing/knowing of the owner and he was legit. It was for a programmer, just not sure the same one.

Same guy. I'm getting one and will do a review on it. :yup:

JAGS

Same guy. I'm getting one and will do a review on it. :yup:

Cool. Thanks. I’ll wait for the field testing and to make sure no gremlins.

Sounds like a cool product, a little on $$$ side. But you’ll be sure to let us know if it’s worth it. [emoji6][emoji106]

I ordered mine this morning. I've heard that he's got updates coming that will give it even more features. I can't wait to get the speedo and TPMS corrections dialed in. The other stuff is just gravy.

offcamber

I spent some time playing with mine. I've had a couple of weird issues since installing it. Today the ESS light came on and I noticed above 50mph my steering seemed to be limited. It was really windy here and it felt like the steering was being limited at speed. I stopped and got gas and when I got back on the highway, it was normal. The other issue is the red security LED came on and stayed on. Turning the Jeep off and back on and it stayed off. The "in motion nav" function that allows your passenger to enter nav information such as addresses while the Jeep in motion, does not work.

CSM-Jeep

I am very curious about the feature of enabling blind spot monitoring. My JL isn’t here yet, and we didn’t order the Jeep safety package. will the Jeep come with the correct hardware and wiring for this to be possible?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I spent some time playing with mine. I've had a couple of weird issues since installing it. Today the ESS light came on and I noticed above 50mph my steering seemed to be limited. It was really windy here and it felt like the steering was being limited at speed. I stopped and got gas and when I got back on the highway, it was normal. The other issue is the red security LED came on and stayed on. Turning the Jeep off and back on and it stayed off. The "in motion nav" function that allows your passenger to enter nav information such as addresses while the Jeep in motion, does not work.

Good feedback, thanks for posting this up. As others have mentioned, I was told that a big update was coming this week so hopefully some of these issues will get addressed.

ChicagoJL

Just upgraded to 37s Nitto. Got my tazer today. I'll Play with it over the weekend

Live Life, Live Love, LoveSexy...

offcamber

It's a cool little tool. It works great. The company is very receptive and quickly responds to questions. I noticed on some of their other products they had the ability assign Tazer functions to Aux buttons. I emailed them and asked if it would be possible to map functions (like winch mode, light show, etc) to the JL's aux buttons. They said they would add the mapping function to the aux buttons and it was pretty easy to do. They seem committed to keep digging into the code and seeing what else they can do. They added a few things last week with a new firmware release:

Line lock - if you for some reason wanted to do a burnout and smoke away a lot of cash
Winch mode - raises idle to 2000 rpm (accessible by hitting steering wheel buttons)
Rock Crawl - probably for non-rubi's, locks all 4 brakes to fake lockers.
Cool down - turn engine fans on demand when the ignition is on but engine not running.

I'm looking forward to see what else is possible with this thing.