Tools most needed

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol. You were the first one I heard make that statement. I didn't really put an urgent priority on it. It only took ONE TIME where fluids were needed and they are now carried EVERY TIME. Lol.

LOL!! And by fluids, I don't mean a quart of oil, I mean I carry enough to get me running again. :yup:

JL2018

I do the same as Eddie mentioned. Some stuff is worth carrying even if it seems cumbersome/overkill. The ability to get yourself or someone else back to civilization safely should be a priority. I've seen more stuff repaired with zip ties, wire, clamps, duct tape, spare hoses etc more than tools themselves.
Carry fluids as well, it will only take one breakdown with no fluids to make you wish you'd been carrying them. As far as tools, I carry pretty much all of this stuff on every trail (the chainsaw is probably overkill but there's a story behind that, lol):

View attachment 1968

Wow, Glad I bought the 4 door :cheesy: Looks like with a 2 door, all you could fit is you, your food and your tools:eek:

Thanks for the pic. Definitely gives me some more perspective. If anyone else has more pics, I'd love to see them.

I would love it if you made a write-up and video of tools you carry. My current tool setup is much smaller, and has grown through experience of what I was lacking.

Currently most of my trips are a two or three hour walk home if something breaks, but I might be moving to a ‘big’ city soon, and those close trails won’t be so close anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Lol. You were the first one I heard make that statement. I didn't really put an urgent priority on it. It only took ONE TIME where fluids were needed and they are now carried EVERY TIME. Lol.

LOL!! And by fluids, I don't mean a quart of oil, I mean I carry enough to get me running again. :yup:

I’ll go without carrying tools before I go without carrying fluids.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app