Safety Alert!!!!!!!!!

13_gecko_rubi

Thanks everyone, my 2018 jl rubicon 4dr has been doing weird stuff lately, first the steering, sometimes whwn i will turn the wheel especially below 60 sometimes above bust most below, the freaking steering wheel tightens up and gets harder to turn, most of the time when it happens ive noticed is when it gets colder outside, first time was driving 12yr old to school going around a curve one morning about 40mph and probably 30 degrees out or so and i turned appropriately for the curve which was speed limit there,ans the steering for enuff time to cause me to go across the double yellow before i could pull it back safely i didnt wat to jerk on it because i didnt know if it would catch all of the sudden and then jerk us back over and flip us or take us over the mountain, and it does this more frequently now, i have no clue why, next is the stereo. My stereo just atarted ringing like i was getting a call,but nothing in vehicle phone wise and had to pull over and cut my jeep off to get it to stop, tried to answer,hang up,eveeything but nothing and no reason why it happened, it also freezes up on me and will just not do anything on the touch screen, i have a bunch of rust underneath that 2 mechanics said shouldnt be there at all and the paint has been bubbling and flakeing off!wtf! Can someone please help me? There are other things 2 and im a disabled combat vet, i dont make alot of money and traded my truck and a motorcycle to get the payment down to where i could afford the jeep ive always wanted and hoped to have but now im starting to feel like they should take it back as much that is going on with it and give me another one or something, who wants to drive there kids around in something they thought would be the best ride they have ever had let alone go out to the trails with them for fun because of the dangerous things its doing, way to expensive of a vehicle and i understand first year will have some problems but dang, they act like its nothing at the dealer. I dont even have 9000 miles on it yet!
When did you buy your JL? The steering issue you describe sounds like the issue that there was a TSB released for this past July that reflashed the steering pump calibration. I'd bet yours falls into that time frame.

Sent via....

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
When did you buy your JL? The steering issue you describe sounds like the issue that there was a TSB released for this past July that reflashed the steering pump calibration. I'd bet yours falls into that time frame.

Sent via....

Gm has a similar tsb I do at work for “loss of steering” in suv/trucks from 2015 to 18 models. The loss of steering is so quick that the customer wouldn’t even realize it happened before the pump works again. I wonder if this recall is similar and is more of a customer satisfaction initiative