2.0L Production timeline

JLU_RUBI

Looking for anyone that has insight into 2L turbo production timeline.

I ordered mine 5 weeks ago and there has been zero movement on my order. I've been told they have thousands of 2.0 engines in the Toledo assembly plant staged for production. @13_gecko_rubi you always seem to have the inside track on these types of answers Hoping you might have something on this.

Anyone else order this drivetrain?

13_gecko_rubi

Looking for anyone that has insight into 2L turbo production timeline.

I ordered mine 5 weeks ago and there has been zero movement on my order. I've been told they have thousands of 2.0 engines in the Toledo assembly plant staged for production. @13_gecko_rubi you always seem to have the inside track on these types of answers Hoping you might have something on this.

Anyone else order this drivetrain?
I can assure you there are not thousands of engines sitting at the plant. There is no room for that kind of stuff. They should start being built any time now. It is a great powertrain!

Sent via....

YAHAHA

+1 on what gecko said. Most OEMs and tier 1 suppliers are JIT because there's no point having thousands of dollars of inventory just laying around the factory gathering dust.

Our company is tier 2 to almost every OEM and we only schedule enough production to make the next milk run shipment.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

aug0211

Guys, I don’t want to get off topic here, but could we be any more defensive? There was no decorum. The internet exists. People will read it. No need to be protectionists about this forum.

I am not a spy sent from some other place on a mission to dismantle this forum from the inside out. I am not sending invites and telling people to go somewhere else.

I’m just a guy who read a post online and thought others here might think the info was helpful. I’d do the same were it the other way around, and I read something here and shared it on another forum.

I’m not going to take the credit for the info myself as if I am a reputable source on my own. I’m also not going to censor myself to avoid ever mentioning that the internet is bigger than whatever current forum I am on.

This is not North Korea. Here in America, we can coexist. When there IS competition (which surely is not the case here, these are web forums not contests), we compete on our merits, not on censorship.

I’m not looking for a fight. We’re all Jeepers (on any Jeep forum) with common interests.

I’ll gladly wave to you when I see you in a Jeep, no matter which forum you frequent.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
Guys, I don’t want to get off topic here, but could we be any more defensive? There was no decorum. The internet exists. People will read it. No need to be protectionists about this forum.

I am not a spy sent from some other place on a mission to dismantle this forum from the inside out. I am not sending invites and telling people to go somewhere else.

I’m just a guy who read a post online and thought others here might think the info was helpful. I’d do the same were it the other way around, and I read something here and shared it on another forum.

I’m not going to take the credit for the info myself as if I am a reputable source on my own. I’m also not going to censor myself to avoid ever mentioning that the internet is bigger than whatever current forum I am on.

This is not North Korea. Here in America, we can coexist. When there IS competition (which surely is not the case here, these are web forums not contests), we compete on our merits, not on censorship.

I’m not looking for a fight. We’re all Jeepers (on any Jeep forum) with common interests.

I’ll gladly wave to you when I see you in a Jeep, no matter which forum you frequent.

Since you brought it up, I am going to get off topic for a second and educate you since you seem to be unaware. None of your above reasons apply at all.
Eddie and Cindy pay for this forum with their time and money. They work hard to keep it going and care about the members that take time to come visit and be part of the community here.
If that isn't clear enough, here's an example: You throw a neighborhood party and invite your local neighbors. One of your neighbors comes in and tells you about how good the food and drinks were at another party down the street and how they go to that guy's party on a regular basis. Seems a little disrespectful, don't you think?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I don't want to get off topic here but there really is no need for YOU be so defensive. The internet exists and people will RESPOND to the things YOU say. Just because the members here frowned on your lack of decorum doesn't mean anyone was being a "protectionist".

Umm, the spy comment was a JOKE :rolleyes2:

Yes, you're "just a guy" and nobody cares what you do on "another forum".

I’m not going to take the credit for the info myself as if I am a reputable source on my own.

:cheesy: As if saying that you heard something on "another forum" is necessary to make something you've read about on the internet more "credible".

I’m also not going to censor myself to avoid ever mentioning that the internet is bigger than whatever current forum I am on.

You're right, the internet is bigger than whatever forum you're currently on and the members here are not going to censor themselves to avoid ever offending you by saying whatever they think regarding your behavior here.

This is not North Korea. Here in America, we can coexist.

:cheesy: Oh please, get off your self-righteous high horse before you hurt yourself. This is America where people are allowed to start PRIVATELY OWNED businesses just like this one. As was stated in the RULES you were required to agree to in order to become a member, JLWRANGLER "is a privately owned website and that your ability to become a member here is a privilege and not a right".

When there IS competition (which surely is not the case here, these are web forums not contests), we compete on our merits, not on censorship.

Funny, all I saw were people telling you that you were being rude. Apparently, your idea of competition is to be the only person on the internet who's allowed to say what he thinks. :rolleyes2:

I’m not looking for a fight.

Nah, you just want to preach at people about things you have no real understanding of.

We’re all Jeepers (on any Jeep forum) with common interests.

LOL!! We may all be Jeepers with common interests but based on what you just posted, I wouldn't choose to go wheeling with you. But hey, I'd still wave at you even if yours only had one finger showing. :cool:

aug0211

I don't want to get off topic here but there really is no need for YOU be so defensive. The internet exists and people will RESPOND to the things YOU say. Just because the members here frowned on your lack of decorum doesn't mean anyone was being a "protectionist".

Umm, the spy comment was a JOKE :rolleyes2:

Yes, you're "just a guy" and nobody cares what you do on "another forum".

:cheesy: As if saying that you heard something on "another forum" is necessary to make something you've read about on the internet more "credible".

You're right, the internet is bigger than whatever forum you're currently on and the members here are not going to censor themselves to avoid ever offending you by saying whatever they think regarding your behavior here.

:cheesy: Oh please, get off your self-righteous high horse before you hurt yourself. This is America where people are allowed to start PRIVATELY OWNED businesses just like this one. As was stated in the RULES you were required to agree to in order to become a member, JLWRANGLER "is a privately owned website and that your ability to become a member here is a privilege and not a right".

Funny, all I saw were people telling you that you were being rude. Apparently, your idea of competition is to be the only person on the internet who's allowed to say what he thinks. :rolleyes2:

Nah, you just want to preach at people about things you have no real understanding of.

LOL!! We may all be Jeepers with common interests but based on what you just posted, I wouldn't choose to go wheeling with you. But hey, I'd still wave at you even if yours only had one finger showing. :cool:

Woah.

Honestly not trying to cause any problems. Sorry if I did. Just trying to learn more about Jeeps. I think your forum is cool and I’m sorry if I hurt you or the forum. It truly isn’t my intent.

I was caught off guard by being reprimanded for saying that I read something on another forum. I didn’t even name the forum. Or link to it.

I have no desire to cause problems or hurt anyone. I just want to talk about Jeeps and enjoy the Jeep community. I want to help it grow, not stifle or hurt it, so if I did either of those things, I apologize.

And even if I didn’t do either of those things, I still apologize because I clearly upset you and I’m not here to bring any negative energy to anyone.

:wave

aug0211

Since you brought it up, I am going to get off topic for a second and educate you since you seem to be unaware. None of your above reasons apply at all.
Eddie and Cindy pay for this forum with their time and money. They work hard to keep it going and care about the members that take time to come visit and be part of the community here.
If that isn't clear enough, here's an example: You throw a neighborhood party and invite your local neighbors. One of your neighbors comes in and tells you about how good the food and drinks were at another party down the street and how they go to that guy's party on a regular basis. Seems a little disrespectful, don't you think?

That would be disrespectful.

I think what I did was show up to the party with a new game and said, “hey - I heard of this game at another party and thought I’d share the idea here, in case anyone else is interested.”

Trying to spread good stuff man, that’s all. I didn’t even think twice about saying where I read the info.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Woah.

Honestly not trying to cause any problems. Sorry if I did. Just trying to learn more about Jeeps. I think your forum is cool and I’m sorry if I hurt you or the forum. It truly isn’t my intent.

I was caught off guard by being reprimanded for saying that I read something on another forum. I didn’t even name the forum. Or link to it.

I have no desire to cause problems or hurt anyone. I just want to talk about Jeeps and enjoy the Jeep community. I want to help it grow, not stifle or hurt it, so if I did either of those things, I apologize.

And even if I didn’t do either of those things, I still apologize because I clearly upset you and I’m not here to bring any negative energy to anyone.

You were reprimanded? Get over yourself. I simple asked you if it was necessary to say “I read on another forum”. That is far from being reprimanded.

aug0211

You were reprimanded? Get over yourself. I simple asked you if it was necessary to say “I read on another forum”. That is far from being reprimanded.

Whatever word you want to use. All the “get over yourself” is not great to hear. I’m not here to hurt anyone, and I have to be honest, it does feel like I’m being ganged up on. I’m not whining or saying anyone is wrong - maybe I just used the wrong word. Maybe reprimanded wasn’t the right choice.

Regardless, shall we move on? It’s clear that there was an honest mistake and my view on saying “read on another forum” is different from the majority here. I said sorry and I’m really not here to quibble.

Let’s get back on topic.

Has anyone else heard any updates on production timeline? My dealer on Friday said he didn’t have any updates on my specific build but that he had heard the trucking companies are having trouble keeping up. He said his dealership hadn’t received a JL shipment in 2 weeks. Ouch!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Funny, I don't recall I or anyone ever saying that you were "trying to cause any problems".

I just looked again and see that you were asked a question. I'd hardly call that being "reprimanded". :rolleyes2:

Cool! So maybe in the future, you could just keep in mind that unless it's absolutely necessary to mention "another forum" and really, there might be, maybe you could just leave that part out as a courtesy to Cindy and I if nothing else. This is not to say that you would be "censored" if you did, it would just mean you're being rude and you should expect others to let you know as much.

If there's anything you should apologize for, it's for getting on your self-righteous high horse earlier and preaching BS at us about "censorship" as if anyone here had actually tried to silence you. If you can do that, all this will be water under the bridge. Or at least for me anyway.

aug0211

Funny, I don't recall I or anyone ever saying that you were "trying to cause any problems".

I just looked again and see that you were asked a question. I'd hardly call that being "reprimanded". :rolleyes2:

Cool! So maybe in the future, you could just keep in mind that unless it's absolutely necessary to mention "another forum" and really, there might be, maybe you could just leave that part out as a courtesy to Cindy and I if nothing else. This is not to say that you would be "censored" if you did, it would just mean you're being rude and you should expect others to let you know as much.

If there's anything you should apologize for, it's for getting on your self-righteous high horse earlier and preaching BS at us about "censorship" as if anyone here had actually tried to silence you. If you can do that, all this will be water under the bridge. Or at least for me anyway.

I said sorry already and have tried to move on to be productive. Let’s move on and get back on topic.

Last edited: