2.0L Production timeline

13_gecko_rubi

Also to answer your other question I've seen expedited orders built within days of order being entered. I think my record on a JK was in less than a week from being ordered the local customer was driving the vehicle. But JL is still in full blown launch mode so that's a little harder to do.

Sent via....

aug0211

Thank you so much gecko!

I hit D1 on Monday for my new VIN, with a supposed “ship date” ETA of 6/15.

I’m cautiously optimistic... hoping to at least be able to get a feel for progress by 6/20 to decide how much longer to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jesse_01

Thank you!

Considering canceling and placing a new one for the Rubi.

Man, I’m so indecisive right now:
Sahara or Rubi?
Granite or Sting?
2.0 or 3.6?

Geez - I’m ridiculous [emoji15]

Why did you pick the 2.0 over the 3.6?

3.6 has had all the bugs out of it. Isn't the 2.0 fairly new?

If I was to wait for a jeep, it would be the little diesel. Once mods come out for that diesel, you will have decent HP increase. A offroad only [emoji6][emoji6] dpf deleted jeep would sound pretty sick.

NFRs2000NYC

Technically, the 3.6 is new as well, and is not the same as the JK, so you can probably "technically" call it new. With the 2.0, I'd be more concerned with the electronics and the 48v system than the motor. The thing that scares me with the 2.0 is hybrid systems are fairly complex and in general, are not user serviceable. I can see dealers wanting to blame lightbars and winches for system failures. I'll hang tight for my diesel.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Technically, the 3.6 is new as well, and is not the same as the JK, so you can probably "technically" call it new. With the 2.0, I'd be more concerned with the electronics and the 48v system than the motor. The thing that scares me with the 2.0 is hybrid systems are fairly complex and in general, are not user serviceable. I can see dealers wanting to blame lightbars and winches for system failures. I'll hang tight for my diesel.

This 3.6 really isn’t that new. It’s the same one they have been using in the GC for the past few years.

aug0211

2012-2018 I believe is the run for the 3.6. Thats a lot of engines on the road. A lot of engine aftermarket items should be similar also with minor modifications needed for the new chassis.

3.6 was changed slightly from the 2012-2018 JK you’re referencing. Mild tweaks, so less risk than a turbo, but then again the turbo is only new to the Wrangler - it’s been in other vehicles in the lineup. Same with BSG.

I went with the turbo+ BSG because it will be peppier with no torque lag. I think the 3.6 is great, too.

4wd

I have to ask, why is a 48v system required? Are there not other 4 cylinder and 4 cylinder turbo's that use 12v systems?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

aug0211

Edited to delete. Got bad info on my turbo status. Deleting to avoid spreading confusion/rumors.

Last edited:

sgkdhk

I ordered 3.6 Rubicon with all options except smoker package, radiator heater, and remote sense unlock on 6/22/2018. Moved to build status within a week. Then as built and went to JB status. Then the 3 plus week occurred. I understand that certain options are in short supply so you wait until they get more. As of 3 days ago I went to KZ status and now shipping will take until the end of August.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app