Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : LoD JL Destroyer Shorty Front Bumper & WARN Zeon 10s Install

JL JOURNAL : LoD JL Destroyer Shorty Front Bumper & WARN Zeon 10s Install

While our original plan was to install a WARN Zeon 10s onto our factory front Rubicon Steel Bumper, we got talking to our friends over at LoD Offroad and decided to change our plans and test out one of their all new, JL Destroyer Shorty front bumpers. Fortunately, it comes with a built in winch plate, a winch protector hoop with auxiliary light mounting tabs and ports to allow for the mounting factory fog lights. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see what it took to get both installed on JET Li, our Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. We hope you enjoy.

LED Fog Light UPDATE
    Please note that we have since found that factory LED fog lights that come in the standard plastic front bumper bolt right up to the LoD JL Destroyer Shorty Front Bumper and without any issues. We have also been told by LoD that they now offer an optional bracket you can buy that will allow you to install LED fog lights that come installed on a Rubicon steel front bumper like what we had. Below is a diagram that illustrates this.

Fog-Light-Trim-Diagram.jpg

Good looking combo.

Looks good! Another great video! Seems odd to me that a bumper designed for the JL wouldnít be designed to allow the factory LED fog lights to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by shotcoach View Post
    Looks good! Another great video! Seems odd to me that a bumper designed for the JL wouldn’t be designed to allow the factory LED fog lights to fit.
    The JL and a lot of parts for it are so new. I talked to LoD and their Sport didn't come with LED lights so they just didn't know. I am told they are working on a new mount for them. For me, it wasn't a big deal after all. The older style fogs worked and I put LED bulbs in them.

Great video, Thanks

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    The JL and a lot of parts for it are so new. I talked to LoD and their Sport didn't come with LED lights so they just didn't know. I am told they are working on a new mount for them. For me, it wasn't a big deal after all. The older style fogs worked and I put LED bulbs in them.
    How do the led bulbs look?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by Rubinot View Post
    Great video, Thanks
    Glad you liked it

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    How do the led bulbs look?
    LOL!! To be honest, I haven't tried the out yet but if they're anything like what we had on our Renegade, they look good looking at them and they cast about as much light as the stock incandescent lights. The Rubicon steel bumper LED fogs were just a lot nicer in terms of what they threw out in front of you. From what I understand, the LED fogs in the standard plastic bumpers are the same as before.

Great video Eddie. Thank you! Iíll use it this week for my LoD.
    2018 JLUR SOLD
    2018 Ram Power Wagon on 37ís
    2019 Bikini JLR Turbo 2 Door on 37ís Mopar lift

Looks great Eddie.... sure is fun installing new parts on a new Rig.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast