Tales From Moab

Back In Black

Here's another cool site you get to experience after a short 1/2 mile hike...

The Confluence. This is where the Green River and the Colorado river converge. Don't get too close to the edge.

Attachments

• 20180329_124830.jpg
    20180329_124830.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 82
  • 20180329_124851.jpg
    20180329_124851.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 86

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pleasure meeting you as well.
Look forward to the day we can go out wheeling...

Agreed. That would be awesome :thumb:

I knew if anyone had a way of getting it through it would be Eddie! Nice job.
The scenery on Elephant Hill is phenomenal. I always wanted to get out there but it didn't come together - I'm really happy I experienced that.

Without question Elephant Hill is one of my favorite trails if only because it's so beautiful.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another cool site you get to experience after a short 1/2 mile hike...

The Confluence. This is where the Green River and the Colorado river converge. Don't get too close to the edge.

Nice that you made the hike out to the overlook. The Confluence is a sight to see and it looks really pronounced in your pic. :thumb:

BillArnett

If you can get past the squeeze, Devil's Kitchen is one of the world's all time greatest campsites:

devilskitchen.jpg

Photos don't do it justice. You're literally camping underneath a huge rock overhang. There are only 4 sites and they're very private.

Back In Black

If you can get past the squeeze, Devil's Kitchen is one of the world's all time greatest campsites:

View attachment 1895

Photos don't do it justice. You're literally camping underneath a huge rock overhang. There are only 4 sites and they're very private.

WOW - I didn't see Devils Kitchen while we were out there, we made the decision to go to Confluence and forgo this site. Now you got me thinking about next year. Camping there must have been an experience you will never forget.
Hmmm - Easter is mid April next year, even warmer night time temps in Moab...

BillArnett

Now this a really nice shot. Is that a wide angle lens or did I just do a crappy job on my photos?:doh:

Thanks. It's a panorama merged together by Adobe Lightroom from 5 vertical shots taken with a 24mm lens on a full-frame DSLR. Many smartphones these days have a panorama mode that will do much the same thing very easily.

Back In Black

Thanks. It's a panorama merged together by Adobe Lightroom from 5 vertical shots taken with a 24mm lens on a full-frame DSLR. Many smartphones these days have a panorama mode that will do much the same thing very easily.

Ah Ha! Now that explains it.
Yes smartphones can do panorama, but they will never replace a DLSR and the light they bring in through their mighty glass.
Cool Shot.