JL auto transmission and 410 gears

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We're running that setup now and honestly, unlike the JK before, the new 8-speed automatic does an outstanding job of pushing our set of 37's. I thought for sure I'd want to regear as soon as possible but so far, I don't feel a need for it. I should note that we just got back from a thousand mile trip to Moab, spent a week wheeling there and drove back home again and without any issues. This includes crossing over multiple mountain ranges and averaging 70-80 MPH. Oh, we also managed to still average 14.5 MPH too!

RLW007

We're running that setup now and honestly, unlike the JK before, the new 8-speed automatic does an outstanding job of pushing our set of 37's. I thought for sure I'd want to regear as soon as possible but so far, I don't feel a need for it. I should note that we just got back from a thousand mile trip to Moab, spent a week wheeling there and drove back home again and without any issues. This includes crossing over multiple mountain ranges and averaging 70-80 MPH. Oh, we also managed to still average 14.5 MPH too!

That sounds great. How are the axels and “C’s” holding up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Onlyone

I agree with Eddie. I see no need for a re-gear with 37’s. These JL’s are a different breed.