Presto-change-O: JKRR to JLUR

YAHAHA

Thanks to JLeather, we were able to buy a premium soft top now instead of waiting 30-60 days to get one from Jeep.

Took off the hard top by myself. I showed my 10 year old son that moving heavy objects by yourself is all about balance and leverage. The hardest part of doing it by yourself is liftting all of the little posts out of the body panel holes. After that, balance and leverage.

Putting the soft top on was easy thanks to some online videos. I have to say this Jeep is a whole new vehicle with the soft top! I prefer the top down whenever possible and now I can say my Jeep is complete. With the hardtop it seemed like our Grand Cherokee but now it's a Wrangler!

Thanks again to JLeather and more importantly, thanks to my son who spent the day working with me to get the tops changed!

IMG_5434.jpgIMG_5435.jpg
It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Last edited:

YAHAHA

As I mentioned in another thread, we had some unfixed issues with our JL. After almost a year, the dealership could not fix them.

With our warranty due to expire before the end of the year, we found a 2019 with ALL the options we wanted. We went from White to Black. I will miss the White but I love Black vehicles too I guess... since now, all 4 vehicles I own are Black. [emoji41]

IMG_2578.jpgIMG_2577.jpg

YAHAHA

Funny story, since our white Jeep came with the regular floor mats, we bought the Mopar rubber mats that drain through the floor. When you buy them from the parts counter, they have a red Jeep logo. If they come from the factory in your Jeep, the logo isn't red. The new Jeep has the factory mats without the red logo. My son asked if we could keep the old mats & put the new ones in the white Jeep.

Seems like a benefit for the dealer to have new mats in the trade in, right? WRONG! That are demanding that wasn't part of the deal and coming up with all kinds of reasons why I MUST keep the new mats and they keep the old ones.

Dealer logic, go figure. I guess they think there is still some magic in those old, dirty, stained & scuffed floor mats. 🤪

Weird because they are very happy to put the new factory tires on my trade. The new tires will look great on a used Jeep is their logic. But not for floor mats!!! Can't have new floor mats in a used Jeep.

YAHAHA

I'd like to add that this dealership had done a great job so far with the sale. The GSM & SA have done a nice job.

Other than the hang up with the floor mats, they've been top notch.

YAHAHA

This white JK parked next to me reminded me of SPY vs SPY
IMG_2697.jpg

YAHAHA

Really liking the switch to black with painted fenders & hard top. It gives the Jeep a whole different vibe.
IMG_2631.jpg

YAHAHA

The road to lunch today. Happy Halloween!
IMG_2771.jpg