JL JOURNAL : Gravel Caught Between the JL Wrangler Fender and Body FIX

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Glad to see you guys are finally getting this stuff and fixing your gap :thumb:

I think mine are probably just right, but how hard did you all poke them down in there? I didn't want to go to hard because they deform with an indentation from the trim tool.

JAGS

Eddie, how has this held up with all heavy wheeling and flexing you’ve done just you first put this in? I forgot to look during the NY run.

DavidDJL69

Ordered. Has anyone had any problems with the rains/snow/mud and ughh washing with these coming off? Just curious if there is any recommended changes to the install...

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I installed these after watching Eddie’s highly timely and informative video and I’ll say that they hold up fine in winter and they even survive the hand car wash. Can’t speak to automatic car washes since I don’t use those on the JL in the winter. Worth the pittance of cost and we all benefit from Eddie’s “engineering” on the JL.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

MrMischief

Just got my 2019 stingray home and tucked in (I'm a bit sad about the TJ going away but it was time), first thing I did was order up some rubber seal to fix this gravel trap before it becomes an issue. I don't have a proper trim tool like Eddie used in his video, I was thinking I might be able to get away with using an old credit card. Should I just go buy some trim tools or will this work well enough?