OFFICIAL 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Owners Manual - SEE IT NOW!!

ALRUI

Silly question perhaps but did anyone get the 600 page (+/-) printed owners guide with their JL? We only got "quick reference" & "essential information" guides.

Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Silly question perhaps but did anyone get the 600 page (+/-) printed owners guide with their JL? We only got "quick reference" & "essential information" guides.

Thanks

Nope, not us. I kinda think they don't offer a printed version anymore.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Nope, not us. I kinda think they don't offer a printed version anymore.

You can order the complimentary 600-page paper/hard copy JL manual via Jeep Chat, Jeep Cares or the Wrangler hotline. You will need to provide your VIN, and can only be done after you have taken delivery. If you attempt to acquire the manual using a VIN prior to accepting delivery of the vehicle they will deny it.

Last edited:

Buggaboo

Thanks

I ordered one when I got my new JL. It’s kind of a pain to figure out how to get it though. There are some other threads floating around that spell out the steps, but I ended up having to contact Jeep through their online chat and asking them to send me one. You’ll need your vin and owner info so they know it’s you, and then they will send you one for free once that’s confirmed. Mine showed up about a week or so after I contacted Jeep. Alternately you can just google around and and get the pdf version. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Buggaboo

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered one when I got my new JL. It’s kind of a pain to figure out how to get it though. There are some other threads floating around that spell out the steps, but I ended up having to contact Jeep through their online chat and asking them to send me one. You’ll need your vin and owner info so they know it’s you, and then they will send you one for free once that’s confirmed. Mine showed up about a week or so after I contacted Jeep. Alternately you can just google around and and get the pdf version. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Buggaboo

LOL!! No need to Google for the PDF when the link for it is on THE FIRST POST of this thread :crazyeyes:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I'm glad this thread popped up again, as I had forgotten about the opportunity to order the manual. I ordered it through Jeep chat yesterday. They told me 12 to 15 business days. I'll post up if and when it arrives.

ALRUI

I'm glad this thread popped up again, as I had forgotten about the opportunity to order the manual. I ordered it through Jeep chat yesterday. They told me 12 to 15 business days. I'll post up if and when it arrives.

Jeep chat was not very good at understanding what I asked for even with the exact title and publication numbers. The guy said all he could send was the owners manual and warranty manual (the latter I have). We'll see if its actaully the 600 page version or not. If not I'll call next:)

ALRUI

Well surprise surprise (NOT!). The goofball I "chatted" with only sent the warranty guide! Time for a phone call. The only "chat" service that work (at least in my experience) has been Apple computer. Companies need to model their chat on Apple's IMNSHO.

Buggaboo

Well surprise surprise (NOT!). The goofball I "chatted" with only sent the warranty guide! Time for a phone call. The only "chat" service that work (at least in my experience) has been Apple computer. Companies need to model their chat on Apple's IMNSHO.

Ha! Well you may still get it. After I ordered my owners manual this little warranty book showed up in the mail from FCA. Few days later it’s big brother showed up. I don’t know if they mailed me the warranty book on their own, or as a result of me asking for the manual. I never asked for the warranty book so who knows. Best of luck!

Image1533854437.378612.jpg

*beer for scale of course;)

Cheers,
Buggaboo

ALRUI

Yeah my wife suggested it may come later as well but I dont have much patience. Could come from working in customer service and being badgered all day by people who want it now:)

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Ha! Well you may still get it. After I ordered my owners manual this little warranty book showed up in the mail from FCA. Few days later it’s big brother showed up. I don’t know if they mailed me the warranty book on their own, or as a result of me asking for the manual. I never asked for the warranty book so who knows. Best of luck!

View attachment 4194

*beer for scale of course;)

Cheers,
Buggaboo

Ha! I'll post up if and when mine arrives.

ALRUI

Would have been nice if they included a vehicle maintenance log book or some pages in the manual for logging oil changes, etc.!

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Would have been nice if they included a vehicle maintenance log book or some pages in the manual for logging oil changes, etc.!

Here you go. Who the heck even uses pen and paper anymore? Next you're going to tell me you actually have paper money and carry "exact change". Even worse, write a check while in the 7-Eleven line. Lol.

20180915_165743.jpg

ALRUI

Thanks, didnt think there may be and apparently are apps:) That said No checks nor exact change but I do like to have a few bux in my wallet!