Rugged Ridge Phone Mount

Shadowfire

So another good cyber Monday find I think is the rugged ridge phone mount / tray for the JL. It went on sale for $29 free ship and tax free. I like how it replaces the existing rubber pad with a screw in replacement. I’ve just started messing around with GoPro and there is a mount point in front of the phone to mount it. I am removing my Ram ball and plan to epoxy that to the new mount. I’ll let you guys know how it works out.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

hins2jw0

Where did you buy it from? I didn't see that on Extreme Terrain. Thanks.

Josh

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

YAHAHA

That's cool but it centers the phone on the dash which is pretty far from the driver. It also limits you to mount only 1 phone.

With the RAM mount, you can put one on each side so your passenger has a place to put their phone too.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Shadowfire

Yep I have this mount for my TJ and the phone in the center which is fine for me it’ a great place for your phone to use the camera and or the GoPro. The best part IMO is that you have a deeper pocket for whatever and a steady base to epoxy 2 ram balls on ea side to use that system as well.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Rellik

It looks pretty good. Do you like it? I read mixed reviews of the previous generation online.

Josh

I run a 67 designs mount in my jkur and love it. This RR mount is not the same quality as the 67 designs but...its no where near the same price point either. For the $$ I think its a decent mount. If money were no object i would buy the 67 designs mount

hins2jw0

Well, I ordered one last night. I guess I'll see how it holds up. I'm excited to drive my Jeep in snow today. [emoji16]

Josh

Shadowfire

I got my Rugged Ridge phone mount and used it on my trip to MO. The install was very simple and I swapped out the phone holder with a wireless charger for my iPhone. It worked great and the only complaint is the GoPro doesn’t fit in front of the phone without tilting it up quite a bit. It hits the windshield. I opted to mount it next to the phone in the tray. I plan to install a ram mount for the camera. However I was able to get a good over the hood view in front and I felt like the phone was in a good location for easy backup navigation or phone camera shots. The usb cord for the CarPlay connection drops in front of the radio so I routed the cable behind the o shit bar and that solved that. Now where to store change? I tried the pockets and they worked but I know trail riding I will just loose it all if stored there..maybe a change pouch anyway I hope this helps someone decide.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app