What options ?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Exactly! I figure the top will be a LOT lighter and easier to remove being that it's so small. Oh, also, as much as I love a manual, there's no way I'd get one over the 8-speed automatic.

I almost went with the Auto until I drove my wife’s 6 speed compass. I miss the manual to much. I don’t give a shit about speed. I once drove a 4 squirrel TJ and was fine with it. [emoji23]

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

I wonder if the towing capacity will be the same between the manual and the automatic?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Still debating on whether to get the the Sport or Overland. I love the body matched fender flares but they're not available on the Sport. Biggest downside to me is on the Overland, you can only get the 3.73 gear ratio. On the Sport, you can upgrade to a 4.10. Plus on the Overland, I really don't like the little chrome-looking shit on the grille inserts.

The Rubicon offers all of the above that I want but this thing will be on pavement most of the time and I really have no need for the lockers, sway bar, tcase, nor the extra $$$ it will cost.

Untitled.jpg

Does anyone recall when the JK came out what the approximate cost was for used color-matched fenders when people took them off and didn't want them?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back in the day, a lot of people would be just cool enough to give them away. The guys who thought they'd really be worth something would charge $200 and up for them. The real problem is that not everyone has a Jeep with the color of the fenders that someone might need. What I can tell you is that new fenders that are ready to paint will cost you about $600-$800.

JTCO

Meme King
Back in the day, a lot of people would be just cool enough to give them away. The guys who thought they'd really be worth something would charge $200 and up for them. The real problem is that not everyone has a Jeep with the color of the fenders that someone might need. What I can tell you is that new fenders that are ready to paint will cost you about $600-$800.

That's not bad at all really (especially if they're free). Even at a grand, that's cheaper than the likely 3k-4k premium for the Overland package in general when the colored fenders are really the only thing I want out of the package.

13_gecko_rubi

The "chrome looking shit" is just silver paint. You can easily remove those inserts and paint whatever color you want.

As for fenders, then paintable set new from Mopar with LEDs is $650 MSRP for the JL. I'd expect JT to be same. You can get them for less. The decision you are pondering I believe will be what a lot of people are asking.

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
The "chrome looking shit" is just silver paint. You can easily remove those inserts and paint whatever color you want.

As for fenders, then paintable set new from Mopar with LEDs is $650 MSRP for the JL. I'd expect JT to be same. You can get them for less. The decision you are pondering I believe will be what a lot of people are asking.

Sent via....

Awesome. Thanks.

JTCO

Meme King
Well, shit. Just showed the wife both pictures. She hates the colored flares. So this may be a non-issue :rolleyes2: