4H

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Daily driving...I wanted to switch to 4H because we are supposed to get 6-8 inches of snow. Didn't realize it would drive so differently when turning when trying to turn. I had to turn gradually due to rubbing. I decided to switch it back to 2H.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

How much snow was actually on the ground. That’s like saying your shovel sucks because it didn’t pick up any snow while preparing for the storm that is to come.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

East Coasters :rolleyes2:

Seriously, what part of PA do you live? If you live close to Pittsburgh I'd be happy to show/explain what all of the features on your Rubicon do.
Sounds like joining a local Jeep club would do you a world of good. They're usually a bunch of good guys that would also be happy to show you the ropes :thumb:

Jeeeep

Daily driving...I wanted to switch to 4H because we are supposed to get 6-8 inches of snow. Didn't realize it would drive so differently when turning when trying to turn. I had to turn gradually due to rubbing. I decided to switch it back to 2H.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wait until the snow is on the ground, you'll enjoy it much better :thumb:

you know you can shift into 4H while driving?

BillArnett

All wheel drive is good for cars that don't leave the road much but need to drive in snow and ice.

All wheel drive sucks off road for more reasons than I care to type about...

I used to have an Audi that had AWD. But it also had a switch to lock the center diff. Seems to me that made it essentially identical to a simple 4WD like a JRUR. It seemed fine off road but of course I never did anything very hard with it (by Jeep standards).

I’m curious what you mean. Or are you only referring to AWD systems that can’t be locked?

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I used to have an Audi that had AWD. But it also had a switch to lock the center diff. Seems to me that made it essentially identical to a simple 4WD like a JRUR. It seemed fine off road but of course I never did anything very hard with it (by Jeep standards).

I’m curious what you mean. Or are you only referring to AWD systems that can’t be locked?

So it’s only recently you started caring about the environment?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app