2.0L Production timeline

aug0211

Looks like there is movement! I was told my 2.0T Sahara build would start next week :)

It also sounds like these are starting to trickle through here and there. Hopefully the floodgates open next week!

Anyone else hearing progress?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JLU_RUBI

Looks like there is movement! I was told my 2.0T Sahara build would start next week :)

It also sounds like these are starting to trickle through here and there. Hopefully the floodgates open next week!

Anyone else hearing progress?

I finally hit D1 and was told mid May production. Spoke to many guys at Jeep Beach who drove the 2.0 at EJS, and they all said it’s amazing.

aug0211

Well, I’ve got my build sheet - have been built for 10 days or so, but it’s sitting in storage still.

What kills me is I’m in Ohio. A 2 hour drive would have be at the storage facility - I could pick this thing up myself :)

aug0211

Day 15 of storage (JS). Estimated delivery date was supposed to be tomorrow... we’ll see.

I also suspect the fire at the storage facility with 20 brand new JLs will being damaged will bring delays of some sort of another.

aug0211

I can assure you there are not thousands of engines sitting at the plant. There is no room for that kind of stuff. They should start being built any time now. It is a great powertrain!

Sent via....

Hey Gecko, have you heard anything about the fires? Curious about what the cause is... and how much of an additional delay this might add for those of who have been in JS (today is day 15 of JS for my 2.0).

RMC2

I heard it was a bunch of Jeeps with 48v batteries. Which one has those?

Ok, not really. Just messing with you. I hadn’t heard anything about a storage lot fire. The contracted transportation system was all messed, and likely still is.

aug0211

I heard it was a bunch of Jeeps with 48v batteries. Which one has those?

Ok, not really. Just messing with you. I hadn’t heard anything about a storage lot fire. The contracted transportation system was all messed, and likely still is.

Lol you had me for sure there [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Well played.

I have heard of the transportation stuff, too. The fire yesterday was a new one though. 20+ Wranglers in storage burned in it... and supposedly the second one they had this month? Yikes.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Monday-Jeep-fire-is-not-the-first-one-this-month-483259681.html

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
If you knew the amount of new vehicles that burn up daily in storage lots, car carriers, etc you'd be amazed. It's almost always human caused. Only reason it makes news is because it's a JL. No one seems to track when a Pacifica catches fire in a storage yard lol

Sent via....

Do they still make those? Too bad all of them ever manufactured don’t catch fire. Lol

aug0211

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/F...pool-of-vehciles-after-3-fires-483490171.html

3 fires in 3 weeks, all from the same “specific pool” of JLs?

And no vehicles have shipped to customers out of that “pool”? No turbos have shipped to customers yet (right?)...

Electrical fire suspected as the source?

Sounds like the all new electrical system and dual-battery setup in the turbos, to me.

I would love to be wrong. Really debating bailing on my order now and either waiting for a 19 or getting a 3.6 off the lot.

I’m so bummed.

aug0211

All built turbos are all being scrapped.

Issues with the wiring harness. All the built turbos will be destroyed. Customer orders have been resubmitted by Jeep and will be expedited to the front of the line for new builds with corrected wiring harnesses.

aug0211

Hey 13_gecko_rubi, if you're at liberty to say anything, is there any truth to this?

Would love to hear gecko’s info, always better than mine!

So far, I have this confirmed from a Northeast dealership as well as my dealership in the Midwest. JeepCares via the JL order tracking hotline of course had no info - not surprising, though.

Others with 2.0 orders are also saying their dealers called them to tell them they have a new VIN and their original order was mysteriously cancelled (lol - not great customer experience).

I do not yet have a new VIN or VON from my dealer, but he said my second order went in on 5/29.

Would love to hear any info you might have if you’re allowed to share it, Gecko!

I’m really struggling with whether to wait it out or buy a 3.6. I had originally said if I didn’t get it by July, I would bail and get a 3.6 off a lot. I’m curious as to how “expedited” expedited actually means - will this thing be built in the next 5 days and shipped to me (Ohio) to have it 5 days after that? If so, I’ll wait. But if it’s another 6-8 weeks..... I need to think through it more.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

I didn't see this one sorry. I don't know exactly so speculating would be just that.

I would highly doubt they would scrap entire vehicles over a wiring harness. Rework yes. Scrap no. Getting new VINs though is different. Once a vehicle hits a certain point in process it sends out parts broadcasts to all the suppliers. If they after that point delayed them then change the harness part numbers which is possible, it's actually easier to cancel the orders and put in new ones then try to change the parts broadcasts. That woukd drive new VINs. That seems much more realistic but I really don't know. If it was a major enough concern to warranty scraping vehicles I don't think we'd still be driving them around so I again lean towards the other explanation.

Sent via....