2019 JLUR, are front painted fenders clear masked factory?

mike2019

I added painted fenders. My rear fenders have a clear mask you can plainly see from the factory. The front fenders I have been told have it as well but I cannot find a seam line at all, they do resemble the rear as they both appear to have a slight orange peel you only notice if you know what to look for. So I think they may be factory clear masked. Does anyone have any info on this?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Mud Bug

I think what you are talking about is like a piece of 3M paint protector on the front of the rear fenders. I thought it was for any rocks that you might kick up from your tires. The front fenders do not have this same cover on them. (Your rear hinges, if you have a 4-door and no side step blocking it, are still vulnerable to those rocks, though!)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, there is no clear bra on the front fenders. The rears have them because the front tires will kick stones up and hit them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wish I had those on the JK. We tore up the rear fenders on one from rocks. Still have to swap the fender out.

We always had black fenders on our JK so I never really gave it much thought but on our JL, holy hell, even with them, they still get beat up.