Intermittent Radio

Saltytostitos

Cause according to factory...

Not sure if your problem has been fixed.... The factory has a bulletin regarding this issue!!
They are aware of the problem and the cause is a bit bizarre to me --- your backup camera. The backup camera is causing the audio to cut out like that.
I had this problem also.

Not sure if your problem has been fixed.... The factory has a bulletin regarding this issue!!
They are aware of the problem and the cause is a bit bizarre to me --- your backup camera. The backup camera is causing the audio to cut out like that.
I had this problem also.

Do you have a picture or screen shot of the bulletin?

YAHAHA

When i took mine in to the dealer, I saw the error code on the scanner but they wouldn’t let me write it down or take s picture of the code. They planned to replace my amp but after over 6 months they were never able to get one from the factory.

I noticed on our new JLUR, the antenna was also loose like our previous JLUR. Not the cause of this issue but it seemed a bit odd that both were loose.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Posithonas

This issue is still happening but as long as I give it 15 minutes to warm up it’s fine. The radio is technically on but it doesn’t fully turn on the system until you get in and push the start button. I do know the Jeep times our after running for 15 Minutes’s I sort of use that as a guide one when I’m good to go.

If anyone has something on this bulletin I’d be interested in seeing it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

This issue is still happening but as long as I give it 15 minutes to warm up it’s fine. The radio is technically on but it doesn’t fully turn on the system until you get in and push the start button. I do know the Jeep times our after running for 15 Minutes’s I sort of use that as a guide one when I’m good to go.

If anyone has something on this bulletin I’d be interested in seeing it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Have been doing this the past few days and have not gotten the skipping radio. I do the remote start for about 10-15mins and get in and start it just like Posithonas said. I’ll keep doing this and see what happens. Called my dealership about the bulletin and they hadn’t heard anything about a rear camera bulletin. If anyone has a screen shot of it or the bulletin number, I would appreciate.

YAHAHA

That’s one work-around... if you have remote start.

YAHAHA

Good luck. See if you can sneak a picture of the error codes when they scan your Jeep.

See if you can sneak a picture of the error codes when they scan your Jeep.

This.

I have a garage so the 15min warm up has helped every time as it gets in the 30-40s inside of the garage during winter here in Colorado. I have tried to time it and warm it up when it’s time for me to leave and I won’t time it right and the remote start cut off time happened. So I have to turn it on regularly and it starts cutting off again. Was hoping that if the engine or whatever needs warming up would’ve carried over but it didn’t, have done it multiple times now.

So I contacted my Jeep dealership today and had talked to them about what I had found in the forum posted above, long story short they had informed me that they could not replace my rear camera as there is not a bulletin out so I would have to pay out of pocket which was $207 for just the part and $370ish with labor which I chuckled as it’s literally take it off and put the new one on. They did bring up to open a Jeep Care case, which I went ahead and called Chrysler Customer Care. I explain what was going on with my radio and had brought up the new info I had learned. They ended up opening a case and had told me that I should get a call tomorrow or Monday. That’s where I’m at now, I’ll keep you guys posted and let you know how it goes.

Took the Jeep in to get the rear camera replaced and after the dealership conducted its tests, they said it wasn’t the rear camera but rather the amp and head unit. They needed to order the parts and said they would call me when they were ready to install. We’ll see if it fixes the issue but kinda annoyed that I brought up a possible solution as it’s been a solution to others and being told that they were going to do something else. But hey they are the experts🤷🏽*♂️