Is it possible to use rubicon axles on a sahara that didn’t come with slip differenti

Moerocco

So I’m a new jeep owner and at first i didn’t care much for off road capabilities because I’m 95% pavement driver. However, lately i’ve been more interested in modifying my sahara and i was disappointed when i found out that i didnt get the $600 option that would’ve gave me that dana 44s in the back.

I believe my question is obvious, are Rubicon axles interchangeable with the ones the sahara has? And if not, can you guys give me suggestions about how can i make my sahara jl more capable as close as a rubicon.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Rgk401

So I’m a new jeep owner and at first i didn’t care much for off road capabilities because I’m 95% pavement driver. However, lately i’ve been more interested in modifying my sahara and i was disappointed when i found out that i didnt get the $600 option that would’ve gave me that dana 44s in the back.

I believe my question is obvious, are Rubicon axles interchangeable with the ones the sahara has? And if not, can you guys give me suggestions about how can i make my sahara jl more capable as close as a rubicon.

Yes. You can go into a dealership and order Dana 44’s for the front and rear. Around $5k for front and rear. Comes with 4:10 gears and front and rear locker. With will need to upgrade the steering “tie rod,drag link, because the rubicon axle is wider than stock. Synergy mag makes awesome aftermarket steering. Also since the rubicon axles come with lockers,you will need something to wire them into. If your Jeep came with the auxiliary switch from the factory your set,if not you will have to find something aftermarket. But yes with a few $$ you can change axles. Also you will need a programmer for your Jeep. Superchips or tazer jl will work.

Exodus Jeeps

Advertiser
Supporter
Here’s a thought before you spend too much. There will probably be a lot axles coming off the JT’s in the very near future. The front will bolt up fine but the rear will take some modifying to brackets to work. My guess is more JL owners than JT owners will be in the market for these take off axles and with the amount work needed on the rear, you should be able to pick them up pretty reasonable.

Moerocco

Yes. You can go into a dealership and order Dana 44’s for the front and rear. Around $5k for front and rear. Comes with 4:10 gears and front and rear locker. With will need to upgrade the steering “tie rod,drag link, because the rubicon axle is wider than stock. Synergy mag makes awesome aftermarket steering. Also since the rubicon axles come with lockers,you will need something to wire them into. If your Jeep came with the auxiliary switch from the factory your set,if not you will have to find something aftermarket. But yes with a few $$ you can change axles. Also you will need a programmer for your Jeep. Superchips or tazer jl will work.

Dude what an awesome answer, thanks. and yes i do have the four aux switches in front of my shifter. And i think i may be going this route in the near future because im in love with this sahara aesthetically, its leather everything and the billet-silver black combo. I just need it to be a little meaner now.

Rgk401

Dude what an awesome answer, thanks. and yes i do have the four aux switches in front of my shifter. And i think i may be going this route in the near future because im in love with this sahara aesthetically, its leather everything and the billet-silver black combo. I just need it to be a little meaner now.

10-4 don’t forget to upgrade your steering parts. Tie rod and drag link. Sport and Sahara axle are narrower than the rubicon. So you will have to get rubicon specific steering “yeti” has 2 different part numbers but synergy mfg has only one that will work with both sport and rubicon. Good luck to ya.