The Beer Thread

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I definitely lean into Stouts, Porters and Browns more than anything else. When I see the shelves filled with IPAs , I feel out of touch. Like I feel everytime I hear a song by that band Skinnyjean Snowflake. I'm not saying that IPAs are bad, I'm just saying I'd rather listen to Blue Jean Blues or She Caught the Katy.

Anyways, the post by Cozdude captured my interest. Not only have I've never tried a sour, I've never heard of a sour. My interest is piqued. So tonight I will expand my horizons and grab sour. I'll let you know how it goes.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's some God damn kids on my lawn...

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I definitely lean into Stouts, Porters and Browns more than anything else. When I see the shelves filled with IPAs , I feel out of touch. Like I feel everytime I hear a song by that band Skinnyjean Snowflake. I'm not saying that IPAs are bad, I'm just saying I'd rather listen to Blue Jean Blues or She Caught the Katy.

Anyways, the post by Cozdude captured my interest. Not only have I've never tried a sour, I've never heard of a sour. My interest is piqued. So tonight I will expand my horizons and grab sour. I'll let you know how it goes.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's some God damn kids on my lawn...

LOL!! I'm still amazed that sour beer has become a thing. I first came across it about 10 years ago at a tasting and all I could think was, OMG, this is spoiled beer and now they're selling it at a premium. :crazyeyes:

I should note that I like stouts just as much as I like a good IPA too.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I love all types of beers. It’s usually seasonal tho, for me at least, as to what my taste is like. IPA’s are year round but I likes stout or porter in the fall/winter time and Sours and fruity beers in the summer cause they are usually lighter bodied.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I love all types of beers. It’s usually seasonal tho, for me at least, as to what my taste is like. IPA’s are year round but I likes stout or porter in the fall/winter time and Sours and fruity beers in the summer cause they are usually lighter bodied.

Although sometimes it doesn't feel like it around here, it's still technically summer so I guess I there's still time to try a sour.

LOL!! I'm still amazed that sour beer has become a thing. I first came across it about 10 years ago at a tasting and all I could think was, OMG, this is spoiled beer and now they're selling it at a premium. :crazyeyes:

I should note that I like stouts just as much as I like a good IPA too.

When I walked into my usual Beer Store, I told the fella working that I've never had a sour, and that I was going to try one tonight. He issued me this warning: "You do know, it's the Limburger cheese of beers". Lol!

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I'll let you know how it goes...

20180831_121716-1024x1365.jpg

You can see the yeast at the bottom of the bottle. The instructions say to pour it without pouring the yeast out. Awesome... beer with instructions. I'll enjoy it (hopefully... or should I say hop-fully) while I get my game on tonight.

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King

Same here. It's just not for me. We tried one by mistake one time and ended up throwing out the whole six pack. It's the only time I've ever purposefully discarded beer.

Tonight, I'm trying a new seasonal from Deschutes. Hopzeit Autumn IPA. It's fair. Wouldn't buy it again, but it's still enjoyable. And yes, that's Jeep fabric in the background. My wife decorated the whole living room with a Jeep theme, good woman.

IMG_20180831_183018_937.jpg

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Having some different beers tonight
IMG_9591.jpg
Don’t mind the crushed can. Remembered to take a pic after the fact lol
IMG_9592.jpg
IMG_9594.jpg
IMG_9595.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I'll let you know how it goes...

View attachment 4984

You can see the yeast at the bottom of the bottle. The instructions say to pour it without pouring the yeast out. Awesome... beer with instructions. I'll enjoy it (hopefully... or should I say hop-fully) while I get my game on tonight.

I thought I'd follow up on this beer. I never did drink it that night due to change of plans. Anyway, I poured it last night and you know what... it was pretty damn good. No funky smell and tasted kinda like grapefruit. The most surprising thing was that my wife, who hates beer, actually liked it. First time in 20 years I've seen her enjoy a beer!