just joined

Steve

Hello,

I recently purchased my 4th jeep, an '18 Sahara. My previous jeeps were a '74 CJ5, a '93...can't remember the model as I only owned it for a very short time...and an '07 JK I bought new. So far I like the Sahara but am beginning to wish I had held out for a Rubicon (money was a factor). Next time...but that truck they are coming out with...

I am going to Nashville in May for a reunion. While there I would like to partake of a few trails but am wondering if an unmodified Sahara (it does have Duratracks on it....it does snow here from time to time) will be able to do those trails. I know Moab and the Rubicon trail are out but was hoping she would be able to do a trail or 2 there.

I am also wondering if modifying a Sahara is worth it. If so any suggestions as to where to start?

Thanks,
Steve

JTCO

Meme King
Welcome to JL Wrangler. Modifying any Jeep is worth it. But you'll find even without lockers, Jeeps are pretty damn capable. I don't know much about the area out there, but I would imagine it would do ok. If you're playing on big rocks, some sliders may be a good idea.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What WJCO said. You'd be surprised at how well a Sahara does especially with the all new traction control system they have. I've tested one out and even got into some rocks and it did great. You can see the video we made of it here:

Also, welcome to JLWRANGLER :cool:

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Congratulations and welcome to JLWrangler. My wife has been eyeballing Saharas lately. Would love to have one park next to our Rubicon.

Steve

What WJCO said. You'd be surprised at how well a Sahara does especially with the all new traction control system they have. I've tested one out and even got into some rocks and it did great. You can see the video we made of it here:

Also, welcome to JLWRANGLER :cool:

Just watched a youtube of yours called "Heart and Soul" (may have that wrong ). Couldn't believe what that guy was doing with a stock Sport! I know Jeeps are good just thought they would need some mods to do trails like Moab and Rubicon. I like the fact that I was wrong. Still may add a lift and bigger tires but am definitely going to be changing the front bumper, adding a winch and sliders. Maybe down the road beef up the skids.

Thanks for all the videos. I enjoy them all....even when they make my butt pucker!

Oh, one more thing, where can I get more info on your CB rail?

Steve

Steve

Congratulations and welcome to JLWrangler. My wife has been eyeballing Saharas lately. Would love to have one park next to our Rubicon.

Love mine so far. During deer season (Nov. here), even though I don't hunt anymore I still love going to camp, we had snow up over the bumper. She went through it great (I do have Duratrac's on her). The only problem was getting out after pick ups drove through with their wider wheel base causing my jeep to bounce back and forth between them. Still made it out Ok but a bit hairy in spots.

Steve

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched a youtube of yours called "Heart and Soul" (may have that wrong ). Couldn't believe what that guy was doing with a stock Sport! I know Jeeps are good just thought they would need some mods to do trails like Moab and Rubicon. I like the fact that I was wrong. Still may add a lift and bigger tires but am definitely going to be changing the front bumper, adding a winch and sliders. Maybe down the road beef up the skids.

Thanks for all the videos. I enjoy them all....even when they make my butt pucker!

Oh, one more thing, where can I get more info on your CB rail?

Steve

Yup, Heart and Soul was a great trip to Moab and with the engineers from Jeep. They take great pride in knowing the Jeeps they make are capable right out of the box. :yup:

This link should have all the info you need. There are even instructions and a video :thumb:

https://www.wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-CB-BAR

Thanks for posting up the link :thumb: