Buy a Jeep Gladiator? What were you quoted? What did you pay?

NFRs2000NYC

My personal biased opinion (biased TOWARDS Jeep)...I think you are going to see fairly steep discounts on the gladiators 5-6 months after official release when the dealers have stock. While I love it, IMHO, they overpriced it, by almost $10k. While we are all Jeep guys and like offroading, it's a subset of a subset...the offroading crowd, and of that, those that want an offroad truck. Most truck buyers that are buying midsize trucks are going to have a hard time parting with that much cash, and for the same money, you can have a much more premium truck, that have DEEP DEEP discounts, including RAMs. Sure they are not as good offroad, but again, when it comes to trucks, most buyers aren't looking to crawl. Hell, raptors start in the mid 50s, as do powerwagons, and you can get some pretty build up half tons for this money, so IMHO, to help move them, I think you'll see discounts in the 10% below MSRP not to far from now, and as mentioned in this thread, the 5% below invoice you'll see immediately.

Piginajeep

I have a Ram 3500. But it’s not a Jeep. I can’t take the doors off or top.

It does ride like shit, so that’s similar

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

RMC2

Curious to see how the pricing turns out. Pickups of any variety have gotten ridiculous in price. Not that my JL was any bargain, but I love it.

Piginajeep

If you’re looking Kent over at Peterson Jeep in Idaho has 20 LE (limited edition fully loaded) models coming in that are available in any day in all the available colors. His price is coming in around a good bit below invoice. No hidden fees just tax, license, and a cheap processing fee.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks! I called him up and placed my order. [emoji106]

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1989 YJ Sahara
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

DynoMax Exhaust

Advertiser
Supporter
I think I am out on the Gladiator.
The reason for me?
The B pillar/speaker set up is not ideal for a person of my height. 6'6"
I did the test drive last week in Moab and I was really surprised that at any setting on the seat my head was all tangled up on the pillar.
Thank gawd, save me some $$$
:icon_crazy::p:beer:

I'm seeing that a few dealers are either getting Gladiators or claiming they have one. Just curious if anyone has purchased one yet or attempted to and what you were quoted or what you actually paid?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The reason for me?
I did the test drive last week in Moab and I was really surprised that at any setting on the seat my head was all tangled up on the pillar.

Well that sucks. Granted, you are CRAZY TALL :crazyeyes:

JTCO

Meme King
The reason for me?

Weak excuse. #firstworldproblems

You could just leave the top off you know.

JeepJL

The reason for me?

Is it the same as the JL? I’m 6’5” and keep hearing things like this with even people 6’3”. I have zero issues in my JLUR. I sat in a Gladiator and didn’t notice what you are talking about. Maybe that extra inch is just enough. So mastercraft seats would make all the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Is it the same as the JL? I’m 6’5” and keep hearing things like this with even people 6’3”. I have zero issues in my JLUR. I sat in a Gladiator and didn’t notice what you are talking about. Maybe that extra inch is just enough. So mastercraft seats would make all the difference.

I spoke to him yesterday and he said he didn't notice it in the JL. I think he needs to try more seat positions so he can make that new JT work :beer: .

JTCO

Meme King
Invoice pricing for other Gladiators (non LE) now available according to dealers. I just got invoice pricing for a Sport Model from 2 dealers.

aai

this is the best local quote I have so far OTD for our build....
If I really gotta have it now:thinking:
I think we do:wings:

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_9f7.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_9f7.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 119

aai

now you're gonna make me dig all our sales contracts for the last 10 years lol...never really payed attention to that and always took it as BS numbers like freight? Freight? Its been sitting there for 6 months lol

aai

They told me initial releases are only available in leather for the Rubicons, or I can wait a little longer, till the cloth seats are available... I don't know if they are pulling our chain. Didn't want leather

JTCO

Meme King
now you're gonna make me dig all our sales contracts for the last 10 years lol...never really payed attention to that and always took it as BS numbers like freight? Freight? Its been sitting there for 6 months lol

You can Google your state's average and it comes up quickly. Certain states actually have laws prohibiting charging over a certain amount. You can also call several dealers in your area (doesn't even have to be Jeep), ask for sales, then just flat out tell them that you're considering a new vehicle purchase and want to know what their doc fee is. Nothing more, nothing less. Short and sweet. I called 7 dealers this week and got that info quickly and pretty much everyone was around 500-550 here.