CB Antenna alternative locations

EvadJeep

I have a 2019 Rubicon JLU and I’m looking to install a CB radio. I’m looking at any and all options for the antenna location.

I’ve seen a lot of sweet rigs, but I haven’t seen one where someone would use a regular type antenna mount, like one you would buy for a stubby am/fm antenna, and use it in the driver’s side to mount a CB antenna.

I keep looking and I can’t seem to find anyone that has done this mod. I was thinking of removing my trail rated emblem and using that spot to mount the CB antenna. Probably a thin one.

Has anyone done this?
Does anyone think its a bad idea?
Would it be a bad location as far as performance for the CB?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I'm installing a Rugged Radio in my new JLR and was thinking the exact same thing! Only, I was thinking mounting on the passenger side so I could pull the new antenna cable through using the old radio antenna cable. That way I could make it easy on myself as I navigate the new cable through the firewall.

But I haven't found any type of adapter that mounts a radio antenna to the am/fm factory mount. So, I'm just going to mount mine up and behind my snorkel on the side of the Jeep's hood cowling. Those antenna mounts are cheap and easy to find. Then I can spend time thinking about ways to make it work with my original plan. I can carry the am/fm antenna mount around with me as I ask people for solutions - you know so they can see what I'm talking about.

Good luck! And please post here if you find a solution!