WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wonder if this will fit a JK.

I looked on Moby and it definitely won't work on him. I no longer have Rubicat so I couldn't say for sure on a 2012-up. That being said, there are a lot of other under the hood options for a JK out there so I don't think I'll be dabbling with a mount for them.

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
Another great write-up. thanks for all the hard work you do figuring theses things out. make's it so easy for us just to go to JLwrangler or Wayalife and look for install videos before doing anything. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great write-up. thanks for all the hard work you do figuring theses things out. make's it so easy for us just to go to JLwrangler or Wayalife and look for install videos before doing anything. :thumb:

Awesome. We're so glad that we can be of help to people like you :)

ImpactDoc

Yo thank you for the super fast shipping I got the mount already will attempt to get it on tonight after the kids go to sleep

ImpactDoc

Preliminary mounting done in 30 min last night... first thing to note and get out there early is you do NOT have to remove the fender. Just the inner fender liner if you have long arms or a svelte compact individual like myself. I left the tire on and the fender (see pics). Life would have been easier removing these parts but I didn’t want to bust a fender clip.

I did not have the four 1/4-20x1/2” bolts or nuts in my package contents but I did have a lot of spare stuff around from my motorcycle days laying around so I improvised, since I figured Home Depot security cameras would have alerted the cops at 11pm :) I think it’s just important to make sure the bolt head isn’t more than 4mm Bc of the use of the spacers on the studs being 4mm on two of the studs.

Now off to the hardware store to get a short air hose and fittings and electrical wire couplers. I’ll post up pics of my wiring routing when done to this post or I might just create a thread.

Attachments

• 69CED238-A4F4-4DC9-8319-1E049A70AC15.jpg
    69CED238-A4F4-4DC9-8319-1E049A70AC15.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 940D69C9-D361-43CA-83A1-BF290B74618A.jpg
    940D69C9-D361-43CA-83A1-BF290B74618A.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 137

dixonk

Preliminary mounting done in 30 min last night... first thing to note and get out there early is you do NOT have to remove the fender. Just the inner fender liner if you have long arms or a svelte compact individual like myself. I left the tire on and the fender (see pics). Life would have been easier removing these parts but I didn’t want to bust a fender clip.

I did not have the four 1/4-20x1/2” bolts or nuts in my package contents but I did have a lot of spare stuff around from my motorcycle days laying around so I improvised, since I figured Home Depot security cameras would have alerted the cops at 11pm :) I think it’s just important to make sure the bolt head isn’t more than 4mm Bc of the use of the spacers on the studs being 4mm on two of the studs.

Now off to the hardware store to get a short air hose and fittings and electrical wire couplers. I’ll post up pics of my wiring routing when done to this post or I might just create a thread.

Looks good. Nice to know it can be done without removing the fenders. Knowing me I would break every single one of the clips. I hate clips. I will probably remove the wheel though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Damn, I really am sorry for leaving out the hardware you needed. I just realized that I forgot to include them in a few others as well. :doh:

That being said, I'm glad the install went well for you and that you were able to do it so quickly. Nice to see that you didn't even need to remove your fender. Looks great and thank you for posting these pics :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good. Nice to know it can be done without removing the fenders. Knowing me I would break every single one of the clips. I hate clips. I will probably remove the wheel though.

So you know, I'm pretty sure you're package went out without the hardware mentioned. I am shipping them out to you ASAP.

ImpactDoc

Damn, I really am sorry for leaving out the hardware you needed. I just realized that I forgot to include them in a few others as well. :doh:

That being said, I'm glad the install went well for you and that you were able to do it so quickly. Nice to see that you didn't even need to remove your fender. Looks great and thank you for posting these pics :thumb:
It’s all good man, it’s such a well made product and super reasonable price. I didn’t
Mind at all.

I finished the install, I did a remote Chuck in the engine bay. The wiring took me awhile Bc I haven’t crimped wires in over 10 years and mangled the included wire connectors that arb Included so I went on a scavenger hunt.

I’m super happy. Thank you again!

Attachments

• EB336886-0541-4677-86EF-0CBD87F54276.jpg
    EB336886-0541-4677-86EF-0CBD87F54276.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 9F320AB4-C9F5-4774-B7CC-1FD60F6A32CC.jpg
    9F320AB4-C9F5-4774-B7CC-1FD60F6A32CC.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 119

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s all good man, it’s such a well made product and super reasonable price. I didn’t
Mind at all.

I finished the install, I did a remote Chuck in the engine bay. The wiring took me awhile Bc I haven’t crimped wires in over 10 years and mangled the included wire connectors that arb Included so I went on a scavenger hunt.

I’m super happy. Thank you again!

Wow - came out AWESOME!! So glad that you're happy with it and really do appreciate your understanding. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, it's a little hard to tell from the pic you posted but just in case, I should point out that you don't want the ARB compressor to be resting on the frame rail. In fact, you'll want to make sure it has some room between the two being that the body of your Jeep will move up and down a bit when hitting bumps.