JL JOURNAL : Bumping Up to a Rancho 3.5 Inch Lift

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How’s the rough country track bar holding up? Any rust,or things you notice that aren’t right with it? And also would you recommend it to a fellow jeeper

So far, it's holding up well. It's basically the same China track bar that TeraFlex has been selling for years. I would prefer not to have run it but it was cheap, available on Amazon and I needed something in a pinch. I hope to replace it with something better in the near future.

Great video as always:thumb:

I never would have guessed that the axle wouldn't drop far enough to get those springs in...

LOL!! These damn coils were crazy tall!

CalSgt

Bump stops

So you switched bump stops with this spring change, was there an issue with the bump stop that was already installed?... Is bump stop height dictated by wheel/tire combination or are there other factors that need to be considered?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So you switched bump stops with this spring change, was there an issue with the bump stop that was already installed?... Is bump stop height dictated by wheel/tire combination or are there other factors that need to be considered?

You typically want to run as much bump stop extension as you have lift. While there are benefits to running bump stop extensions like helping to mitigate rubbing of the fenders, the main reason to run them is to help prevent the over compression of your coils. As in - compressing them so much that they no longer return to their original height.

CalSgt

Thanks, that makes sense. I wasn’t thinking about spring damage, only damage larger tires would do to the body