Disassemble front JLUS bumper for wiring harness

Viper

Has anyone figured out how to separate the plastic bumper from the metal piece that has the tow hooks attached to it on a SPORT (Rubicon and Sahara have it easy, just unscrew the bolts)? I am trying to get the fog light wiring harness out to reuse. The physics do not make sense because there appears to be no way to take it apart, but there has to be because it was put together at one point. Any help?

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
:idontknow: maybe try using a pry bar and see if you can get it to open up enough to pull out the harness after removing those screws. Good luck and let us know if you figure it out.

Viper

:idontknow: maybe try using a pry bar and see if you can get it to open up enough to pull out the harness after removing those screws. Good luck and let us know if you figure it out.
I called a few dealers and America's most wanted 4x4 as a last resort. No one knows how to do it lol. I am going to try to use a crowbar and a rubber mallet to smack the tow hooks

DudeBro

Oh, I've done this already on mine. Yeah there are a bunch of little screws on the back and then you have to pry the back off. The wiring harness is also held in with a bunch of clips so you'll have to cut them off or pry them out. Also the tow hooks have to be removed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Viper

Success! Had to use a mallet to beat the tow hooks and a pry bar on the back. Lets just hope this actually works with my lights. Thanks for the help everyone20191004_161036.jpeg20191004_161053.jpeg