Cooper STT vs Wrangler MTR Kevlar

YAHAHA

I ran mine at 32 and they heated up more than when running at 37. The extra heat raised the psi about 4 when at 32. When at 37, they only increase 2psi.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

YAHAHA

Since we were only driving 10-18mph in the blizzard, I tried driving in 2WD for a while. The tires did well enough but I had to be very careful with the amount of acceleration so I didn't break them loose. Again, not quite as good as the Duratracs but better than the stock BFG MTs that were on our 2018 JKRR.

After such an extreme test, I am happy with this tire choice. If I never took our Jeep in the mud, it would have Duratracs though.

YAHAHA

I just drove our F150 with the BFG T/A KO2 tires we took off our 18 JLUR through the snow. A lot of streets haven't been properly plowed from the 8" of wet, heavy snow we received yet. In 2WD the tires spun and I did some fun fishtailing around corners. I was really happy with their performance once I put the truck in 4WD. I'm sure the heavy weight of the truck loaded down with all the snow helped traction some but I have to say that these tires did a good job on the truck. Reminded me of the previous version of the T/A KOs when they were new.

Again, these T/A KO2 tires didn't give us the traction we needed in the mud on the JLUR. But they did a nice job in the snow today on our truck. I'm sure they do a good job in the snow on the JLs.

YAHAHA

Here's a picture of the stock tires from our JLUR on our F150 and the 315 Cooper STTs on our JLUR. Looks like quite a difference.
IMG_7479.jpg

MericaMade

I wish I knew more about the STT's before I bought my KM2. I am happy with the KM2 just have been reading a lot of great reviews on the STT. Do the STT's run normal size or smaller like BFG?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I knew more about the STT's before I bought my KM2. I am happy with the KM2 just have been reading a lot of great reviews on the STT. Do the STT's run normal size or smaller like BFG?

NO tire measures what is listed on their sidewall. ALL will have a true measurement that is smaller. That being said, BFG's do tend to be even smaller than others and STT Pros tend to be on the bigger side. In fact, they have one of the deepest tread depths I have seen.