Lod signature front bump & zeon

Jesse_01

Maybe I missed it, but how did you end up getting the winch on? This bumper is on my VERY short list (stubby, allows for a sunken winch but keeping the OEM fogs) but I can't stand having installation/fitment issues. Also, those dirty life wheels look bitchin' on there. I was going to go with those, but they are a tad heavier than I'd like so I may consider running the method 105s instead, but damn they do look good.

There are 4 spacers, so I doubled up 2 spacers & LOD is sending me 4 more. I removed the grill, installed the bumper, then the winch, then put the grill back on.

So currently it has 4 grade 8 bolts holding it on vs the 8 grade 5 bolts it came with.

LOD installed a shorty on a JL at their shop when I ran into the same issues. They agreed that it needed more spacers. Some growing pains with first year products. Especially when there isn't that many of them out there yet.

I believe the signature front was designed for the JK but adapted to fit in the JL.

When I checked grill depth at dealership, I noticed a couple Sports had a shallower grill then the Rubicon's did.

The stock fog lights aren't LED, so I didn't bother putting them in. I want togo LED's in there.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

That's disappointing to hear, that they didn't re-engineer the bumper and just adapted it to fit. Im not a fan of using spacers when it should have been designed correctly in the first place. I appreciate you sharing the info.

JTCO

Meme King
That's disappointing to hear, that they didn't re-engineer the bumper and just adapted it to fit. Im not a fan of using spacers when it should have been designed correctly in the first place. I appreciate you sharing the info.

I'm not so sure it's a bad thing. Just like Dynatrac decided to keep the JK pumpkin for their ProRock because it's tried and true. Why redesign the wheel?

As far as LoD's bumper, not sure if it's true or not that it is the same one as the JK, but if it is, and they can just adapt it with different spacers or brackets, think about how efficient that is for the overall company building it and getting it to customers faster :idontknow:

Jesse_01

I'm not so sure it's a bad thing. Just like Dynatrac decided to keep the JK pumpkin for their ProRock because it's tried and true. Why redesign the wheel?

As far as LoD's bumper, not sure if it's true or not that it is the same one as the JK, but if it is, and they can just adapt it with different spacers or brackets, think about how efficient that is for the overall company building it and getting it to customers faster :idontknow:

That's only thing that made sense. The rear bumper fits perfectly with no spacers but the front bumper needs spacers.

I remember people saying that some JK front bumpers would fit on the JL & others hit the grill.

With all that information, I would say its a pretty accurate guess.

Either way they are beautiful products & I would buy them again in a heart beat.

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
All of our Signature and Destroyer front bumpers were "re-designed" to fit both the JK and the JL without the need for additional brackets or spacers. Unfortunately we had a issue with the Signature Shorty that was brought to our attention by Jesse_01 and has since been resolved. The issue occurred when one of our jigs was modified, causing the mount plates in the bumper to be shifted slightly forward. The end result was the bumper being too close to the grill which made it difficult to install the large Zeon winch. :doh: The solution in this particular case was to include additional spacers to get the bumper in the correct position. The added spacers will have no effect on the performance, engineering, or look of the bumper.

In most cases this shouldn't be a problem. But rest assured, we have resolved the issue and all new Signature Shorty bumpers will be shipped as designed...with NO additional spacers! :thumb:

Jesse_01

All of our Signature and Destroyer front bumpers were "re-designed" to fit both the JK and the JL without the need for additional brackets or spacers. Unfortunately we had a issue with the Signature Shorty that was brought to our attention by Jesse_01 and has since been resolved. The issue occurred when one of our jigs was modified, causing the mount plates in the bumper to be shifted slightly forward. The end result was the bumper being too close to the grill which made it difficult to install the large Zeon winch. :doh: The solution in this particular case was to include additional spacers to get the bumper in the correct position. The added spacers will have no effect on the performance, engineering, or look of the bumper.

In most cases this shouldn't be a problem. But rest assured, we have resolved the issue and all new Signature Shorty bumpers will be shipped as designed...with NO additional spacers! :thumb:

Great response. Not many manufacturer's will post "our bad" on a public form & explain what the issue was.

I would buy their product again in a second. Hands down they are the nicest bumpers on the market.

Rampart22

Huge thumb to LOD.

NFRs2000NYC

Excellent news. Thank you for taking the time, and for making it right. :thumb: