Gas pedal comfort

MikeG

This is my third Jeep. Previously had a TJ and JK. Both to me were very comfortable and caused no leg pain when driving. Both were manual. My new JL is an automatic, and I am having a really hard time not getting pain in right leg when driving it (specifically shin). I am not sure if it is because of the pedal angle, or the sensitivity of the pedal (always working it). Anyone else have this issue? One other difference, prior two wranglers were cloth seats. This one has leather. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it, but wanted to provide major differences. Any feedback or modifications would be appreciated!

SouthCo

I have 3.6l v6, auto and leather seats and not having any issues with leg discomfort. But you say your always working the pedal and I don’t... Are you off and on the gas, or off and on the brake and the gas? Mine is smooth and a joy to drive.

YAHAHA

Did you try changing the seat height?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

MikeG

Did you try changing the seat height?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

I did. That is exactly what I am playing with. Seat front seems much higher than the rear. Lifting rear to see if that helps.

Jeeeep

I'm also trying to figure out a solution with the seat adjustment in my JL.

In the JK, when raising the seat it shifts to the rear as it rises.

In the JL, the seat shifts forward as it rises. In the lower position the seat is still too far forward and the front of the seat still sits higher.

I sat in a 2019 JL at EJS and it felt like the seat slid further back and the front seat cushion was not as high - I need to go to the dealer and check it again.

rfernau

Gas Pedal sensitivity

Does anyone else have a Jumpy accelerator? When starting out from a stop, the jeep wants to jump out in front, way too sensitive. I am hoping I can reduce the sensitivity of the pedal with programming, and not having to by the pedal commander system $$

Onlyone

I can see how leg pain could happen. I’m 6’4” and found that after several hours my leg would start hurting a bit but I didn’t realize when I bought it. Unknowingly when I purchased it, it’s equipped with the Adaptive Cruise and wow what a cool feature. Hell I set it all the time and it will slow down and brake for you, then speed back up. I never thought I would like it but it took care of all the discomfort I felt with a long drive.
Not sure if yours has it but if so, try it. Even just setting the cruise a lot will help.

Jeeeep

Does anyone else have a Jumpy accelerator? When starting out from a stop, the jeep wants to jump out in front, way too sensitive. I am hoping I can reduce the sensitivity of the pedal with programming, and not having to by the pedal commander system $$

mine was quick to the punch until the dealer performed a TSB for the AC fan too high and the surging at idle. Can't tell you which TSB calmed the pedal down