Just want my Jeep back

Mud Bug

As of today, the dealership has had my jeep for 12 days. They told me on January 31 that I needed a new instrument cluster, which is why my screen kept rebooting. They originally said they would keep it over the weekend, and when I called on Monday (Feb 4) to follow up we were still waiting for the part to arrive. I waited until Thursday, Feb 7, to call back, still waiting for this part to arrive. I called today, still. waiting. for. this. part.

I asked what is the hold up and why can they not give me an approximate date for this part? They are telling me that Chrysler does not manufacture these instrument clusters, but rather outsources them through various vendors. (?) So they are "shooting out emails" today to see if they can get a definitive timeline and speak with me more intelligently on it. But for now.. we are still waiting for parts to arrive. :(

JTCO

Meme King
They are telling me that Chrysler does not manufacture these instrument clusters, but rather outsources them through various vendors. (?)

That sucks. But this information is likely accurate. They usually do that with stereos too.

ddays v2

Sucks but it could be worse - my mother had a Jaguar that had repeated instrument cluster issues and it took almost 8 weeks just to get the damn thing from England. Then another two weeks to install :crazyeyes:

Mud Bug

No, I have not contacted Jeep Cares. I was not sure what they could do if the parts are coming from an outside vendor. But, I will look into it, thank you!

Edited to add: JeepCares message mailbox is full and they cannot accept any more. So @JeepCares, any advice or assistance? Thank you.

Last edited:

Mud Bug

Have they provided you with a loaner

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yes and No. The original intent was for them to leave the car that their driver was bringing up because I told them I did not need a loaner (and they were only taking my Jeep for about 6 hours). I am a stay at home mom so I don't actually drive anywhere unless I have errands to run. We do have 3 Wranglers at my house, well.. 2 after they took one. So I drive our little LJ if I need to go anywhere.

My dealership has a courtesy service and sends a driver in a "loaner" car to your house to pick up your vehicle, and they leave the car behind. The driver later brings your Jeep back and swaps vehicles again. The first time they left me a demo car that had mileage on it. Was a Grand Cherokee. They did this for the yellow jeep, getting the same nano-coat treatment. This time for the green jeep, the vehicle they brought up is a Renegade Latitude and is actually for sale; it still has the window sticker. I will not drive it because 1) I just don't like how it drives, and 2) because the window sticker thing is annoying to me. Just little things. Also I am kind of wary about putting any miles on a vehicle that is for sale. I realize this is not my issue and is their fault, but still I tend to think about things like that. But I do joke about putting thousands of miles on it just because...

So far their expected 6 hours has turned into 13 days, and counting.

Jeeeep

No, I have not contacted Jeep Cares. I was not sure what they could do if the parts are coming from an outside vendor. But, I will look into it, thank you!

Edited to add: JeepCares message mailbox is full and they cannot accept any more. So @JeepCares, any advice or assistance? Thank you.

Try contacting Jeep Customer Care877-426-5337
https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/article/How-do-I-contact-Jeep2

I bought a Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi when they came out. Within a week, the front 4wd sensor was faulty.

I got a similar response from the dealer that it was too new and parts were not available and would need to get it from a supplier.

After the 3rd week of the same blah blah blah, I contacted Chrysler, calmly explained the issue. They told me there were no parts because there were no part numbers since it was so new and were starting the same blah blah blah that the dealer was telling me. I asked them why they couldn't pull the part from the assembly line, again about the part numbers...

I mentioned how long it had been sitting at the dealer and begin "thinking" out loud I mentioned I guess I should inquire with my state about how to file a lemon law claim because the part was available they just didn't want to pull it from the assembly line.

I got put on hold and when the person returned I was told the part was being overnighted. Sure enough, I got a call from the dealer the next morning and finally got my new vehicle back after 4 weeks of "waiting for parts"

Good luck!

Mud Bug

Thank you Jeeeep! I did a live chat with someone and he said that we are Jeep Wave Premium Group members (what is that?? Looks like it comes standard when you purchase a wrangler so why is it special lol) so he is "escalating" my case. Jeep Wave will call me back tomorrow between 8am-8pm EST and help me expedite the part. Cross your fingers!

Jeeeep

Thank you Jeeeep! I did a live chat with someone and he said that we are Jeep Wave Premium Group members (what is that?? Looks like it comes standard when you purchase a wrangler so why is it special lol) so he is "escalating" my case. Jeep Wave will call me back tomorrow between 8am-8pm EST and help me expedite the part. Cross your fingers!

Hope it works out and you get great news tomorrow :thumb:

Mud Bug

Hope it works out and you get great news tomorrow :thumb:

So they said they have their expediting team working on it and so far have received an ETA ship date of 2/20. They will contact me if anything changes. Thanks again :)

Mud Bug

Update again..

Jeep Wave calls me.. this part is on backorder. The manufacturer pushed the estimated delivery date back at least another 2 weeks but the manufacturer will not commit to a specific date.

I said this is unacceptable... and we may be forced to pursue the lemon law on this one as they will have had my jeep well over the 30 days. Jeep asked me to consider not pursuing the lemon law, says they will work with me to give me additional service contracts and/or make payments for me, if I am willing to wait it out.

I told him I will let him know after I speak with my husband on this one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Update again..

Jeep Wave calls me.. this part is on backorder. The manufacturer pushed the estimated delivery date back at least another 2 weeks but the manufacturer will not commit to a specific date.

I said this is unacceptable... and we may be forced to pursue the lemon law on this one as they will have had my jeep well over the 30 days. Jeep asked me to consider not pursuing the lemon law, says they will work with me to give me additional service contracts and/or make payments for me, if I am willing to wait it out.

I told him I will let him know after I speak with my husband on this one.

Wow, that just sucks. I am so sorry to hear that. At this point and time, I think the very least they can do is cover your payments for all the time that you haven't had your Jeep.

Jeeeep

Wow, that just sucks. I am so sorry to hear that. At this point and time, I think the very least they can do is cover your payments for all the time that you haven't had your Jeep.

Agree, that really sucks.

I'd push them to cover payments +1 month, be sure to include insurance payments as well.

I'd hold them to the fire on this.

Mud Bug

wow. that sucks. I have been following along hoping this was going to work out soon for you. Good luck,

Hey thanks :) As of right now, Jeep Wave is "reaching out" to corporate resources and to the dealership to see if they can just somehow work out giving me a replacement Jeep. I don't know what that would entail. I asked if I might be able to order one through the dealership, and take whichever comes in first.. the ordered Jeep or the part. Maybe Chrysler would buy the disabled Wrangler back. Or if the dealership was willing (and would not lose money on it in the end) just swap it for the nearly identical Rubicon they have sitting on their lot for sale right now. Theirs has a steel bumper group but I said they can swap those bumpers with mine, no problem. Every other option is exactly the same. But.. we will see since I have no idea how any of this will need to be done. Still playing the waiting game. But I will say Jeep Wave has been 100% so far. Quick to reply and seems to be working with me and not trying to force anything on to me.

dixonk

Why don't they just pull a cluster from one of the Jeeps in inventory and then replace it when the part finally gets off of backorder?