JL Power Soft Top

Landshark

Hi, My name is Landshark and I have a 2018 JL Rubicon in Graphite Grey and have been doing quite a bit of research and in extensive conversation with one of the owners at MYTop.us. I am on the verge of ordering a power soft top (they won't be ready until end of April or early May for the JL) from them. I have been very frustrated with Jeep as having the JK out for 11 years now and have not offered a power factory soft top (or a V8 for that matter) and am excited to see MYTop really getting going again with the additional new ownership. I understand Ray is still part of the ownership but now Chris has joined in and says that the top is the same as what you would find on a Mercedes, Audi and BMW both in material and design. A basic Black top (square back, they also offer the slant back for a little bit more) will run approx. $3600 plus installation from a local shop. As far as Houston goes (where I reside) they are in talks with 2 of the larger Jeep retailers about offering the tops. Well just a small heads up for any of you that would be interested. If you have any further questions you can check out their website MYTop.us or I can forward the info and/or videos I have received from Chris. He is sending me swatches of the material (not received as of yet) and I think I will be getting a red one!

Cheers!

Last edited:

MR.Ty

What Overlander said. Jeep has made this soft top the easiest to fold down by far, to include getting rid of the zippers. It doesn't make sense to spend $3600 for a push button that someone could do in a matter of minutes.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of all the Jeeps that I've owned and still own, the soft top on the JL is nothing short of a miracle. You literally can put it up and down in seconds and just using one hand. There's no way I'd pay upwards of $4000 to install a crazy heavy and space robbing powered soft top on my JL. But then, that's just me.

JAGS

I’d much rather put that $$$ into other things. Like anything else really. But if it makes you happy.

Landshark

Thinking about others as well

Well, I have the money to do so and think it's a great investment, also, It will make it much easier on others like my wife to not have to deal with getting out and taking the windows out and folding the top back. This was quite a hassle in the JK for her (I didn't mind most of the time) and while it does look easier with the new top, to my understanding the soft top is not available yet for the JL! At least that is what the parts dept at my dealer is telling me!! I do not plan on modifying my Jeep any further except for maybe 35's when the 33's wear out. So in that respect, I think the power top is a very worthwhile convenience considering that it takes about 4 seconds to travel up or down at the push of a button! But thank you for your opinions...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
JAGS got his JL with a soft top and I have one sitting in my garage. They are definitely available. That being said, to each their own for sure. :yup:

JAGS

JAGS got his JL with a soft top and I have one sitting in my garage. They are definitely available. That being said, to each their own for sure. :yup:

Yup. Only cost me 5 bones too. Now just gotta tell the wife how I can put the $3100 I saved toward some new coilovers. [emoji12]

IMG_4703.JPG

Landshark

Soft Top

OK, So where did you guys get your tops because I have called 6 dealers in the Houston area and they are ALL telling me nothing is available from the factory!! Just got off the phone with parts and they said they called the factory and got a part # but it is not available yet and will be $2200!!!

This from another dealer: GOOD MORNING DAVID MY NAME IS J R YOU CAN REACH ME AT 713-831-1549 OR E MAIL ME BACK
THE SOFT TOP IS ON A COUNTRY BACK ORDER
THE ONLY WAY TO GET ONE IS BY PAYING UPFRONT FOR ONE AND WAITING FOR JEEP TO RELEASE YOU ONE.
WHICH WILL BE SHIPPED TO THE DEALERSHIP..THIS IS FOR A 4 DOOR JL WRANGLER THE TOP IS BLACK THAT’S THE GOOD NEWS WE CAN GET IT..

THE BAD NEWS IS THERE IS NO ETA ON IT. I WILL HAVE TO CALL YOU AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE IT..COULD TAKE MONTHS BEFORE THEY ARE RELEASE..
THEY RELEASE TO PAYED CUSTOMERS BEFORE ANY DEALER CAN KEEP SOME FOR STOCK!! THE PART COST $1200.00
WE ARE LOCATED AT 2502 NORTH BLVD PLEASE CONTACT ME BACK AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVIENECE HERE FROM YOU SHORTLY..

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
OK, So where did you guys get your tops because I have called 6 dealers in the Houston area and they are ALL telling me nothing is available from the factory!! Just got off the phone with parts and they said they called the factory and got a part # but it is not available yet and will be $2200!!!

They come with the Jeep if you got the dual top option. As far as production, I am pretty sure that Bestop still manufacturers them but I wouldn't be surprised if they're busting their asses trying to get these out soon.

Landshark

They come with the Jeep if you got the dual top option. As far as production, I am pretty sure that Bestop still manufacturers them but I wouldn't be surprised if they're busting their asses trying to get these out soon.

I did not order mine, it was in the showroom. No soft top available!!

an Bestop will not have ANY JL parts available till the end of May at the earliest...just got off of the phone with them!

Last edited:
sooooooo I just tried to go to mytop.us to see these magical tops and my company firewall blocked me and reminded me I can't go to sites flagged with nudity...... Can't wait to have to explain this one, thanks dude.

JTCO

Meme King
sooooooo I just tried to go to mytop.us to see these magical tops and my company firewall blocked me and reminded me I can't go to sites flagged with nudity...... Can't wait to have to explain this one, thanks dude.

I think you went to mytopisoff.us instead. Good site if you can figure out how to get past the blockers.

RMC2

Yup. Only cost me 5 bones too. Now just gotta tell the wife how I can put the $3100 I saved toward some new coilovers. [emoji12]

View attachment 1830

Now that is funny, but a solid plan.

Landshark, JAGS ordered his JL with only the soft top. Wayalife ordered theirs with the dual top option. I did the same thing. It has been reported that some dual top orders showed up minus the soft top, it is in the mail.

You are not gonna find one unless someone sells one on somelist for a while. They can’t keep up with demand. At least you have the jeep.