AEV Salta

silverbullet88

Wondering if anyone has tried to put these (AEV Salta) on a JL? Backspacing is around 5-5.20 but with the wider axles (1" for my sport) was hoping that they would clear everything. I know the bolt pattern is same but wondering if the studs will fit the wheel.

Any feedback is welcome!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wondering if anyone has tried to put these (AEV Salta) on a JL? Backspacing is around 5-5.20 but with the wider axles (1" for my sport) was hoping that they would clear everything. I know the bolt pattern is same but wondering if the studs will fit the wheel.

Any feedback is welcome!

The back spacing should work out fine but I would definitely contact them about the mounting holes. Not all 5x5 wheels can take a 14mm stud.

13_gecko_rubi

Any feedback is welcome!
What Eddie said but also what size tire you plan to run? Being a Sport axles are narrower.

Sent via....

silverbullet88

The back spacing should work out fine but I would definitely contact them about the mounting holes. Not all 5x5 wheels can take a 14mm stud.
I’ll call them tomorrow
What Eddie said but also what size tire you plan to run? Being a Sport axles are narrower.

Sent via....

35’s. Yeah narrower than the JL Rubicon but still 1in wider than the JK. I had 4.5 backspaced wheels with 35’s on my jk so 5in or so should work with the JL.

Maybe I should be patient and wait for manufactures to come out with some other options!

I’ll call them tomorrow

35’s. Yeah narrower than the JL Rubicon but still 1in wider than the JK. I had 4.5 backspaced wheels with 35’s on my jk so 5in or so should work with the JL.

Maybe I should be patient and wait for manufactures to come out with some other options!

I called AEV to ask about their roof rack & the guy I spoke to mentioned they were working on new wheels. I’d hold off till they make some official announcements.