JL Lift Kits

Nolocke

Hey!

Just wondering what lift kit's everyone is going to be using on their new JL's?
I'm personally waiting for the BDS kit to come out (That warranty tho) but my patience is wearing thin aha

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey!

Just wondering what lift kit's everyone is going to be using on their new JL's?
I'm personally waiting for the BDS kit to come out (That warranty tho) but my patience is wearing thin aha

How big of a tire are you hoping to run?

Nolocke

That's originally what I was looking at when I bought the Jeep. My jeep salesmans (who's also a jeep guy) was telling me with Mopar offer no warranty on performance parts, being that the lift kit is considered MPP if I break something, I have to pay out of pocket to get a replacement.

He introduced me to BDS, and their lifetime warranty with "you break it we'll replace it, no questions asked" and I was sold.

Budget is a big deal, I can't afford to go buying new parts every week, when I'm trying to buy other stuff haha.

#jeepproblems.

Sent from my Galaxy S8

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's originally what I was looking at when I bought the Jeep. My jeep salesmans (who's also a jeep guy) was telling me with Mopar offer no warranty on performance parts, being that the lift kit is considered MPP if I break something, I have to pay out of pocket to get a replacement.

He introduced me to BDS, and their lifetime warranty with "you break it we'll replace it, no questions asked" and I was sold.

Budget is a big deal, I can't afford to go buying new parts every week, when I'm trying to buy other stuff haha.

#jeepproblems.

Sent from my Galaxy S8

Just out of curiosity, is the BDS kit something your dealership sells?

Nolocke

Just out of curiosity, is the BDS kit something your dealership sells?
Yes and no, they offer quite a array of manufacturers.
Evo, BDS, Rough Country, Sky Jacker etc.

In my home province in Canada we have a small off road community with little or no off road shops, most of the dealerships here will only offer pro - comp or ready lift, lifts.

This particular dealership took notice of this, and reached out to all the manufactures and got accounts with them.
He'll sell ya anything ya want, but they try not to rip you off.
I mean think about lol, he's trying to steer me away from his own Mopar products because of warranty to something with one!

Please, feel free to enlighten me hah.
Not trying to be difficult, just shedding light on why I chose BDS.

Sent from my Galaxy S8

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes and no, they offer quite a array of manufacturers.
Evo, BDS, Rough Country, Sky Jacker etc.

In my home province in Canada we have a small off road community with little or no off road shops, most of the dealerships here will only offer pro - comp or ready lift, lifts.

This particular dealership took notice of this, and reached out to all the manufactures and got accounts with them.
He'll sell ya anything ya want, but they try not to rip you off.
I mean think about lol, he's trying to steer me away from his own Mopar products because of warranty to something with one!

Please, feel free to enlighten me hah.
Not trying to be difficult, just shedding light on why I chose BDS.

LOL!! I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I've never met a vendor, shop or even dealership that didn't push products that they either have in stock and/or are out to make the most profit on. But hey, he's clearly got you sold on it and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. :yup:

Nolocke

LOL!! I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I've never met a vendor, shop or even dealership that didn't push products that they either have in stock and/or are out to make the most profit on. But hey, he's clearly got you sold on it and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. :yup:

Lol I wasn't sure how you were gonna take that. Didn't wanna offend anyone but glad you took it the right way :)

Sent from my Galaxy S8

Nolocke

So the dealer installed mopar kit won’t warrant any repairs but they will cover BDS (third party) lift kit. I guess Canada does things differently lol

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Well, it's funny. The lift being a Mopar Performance Part there isn't actually any warranty on it (control arms, shocks, springs etc) so, if somehow i cracked a control arm I have to pay out of pocket for a new one.

BDS have a no questions asked warranty. If it breaks they fix it for free. The dealership I bought my Jeep from takes care of all that for me.

Sent from my Galaxy S8

Nolocke

Well, it's funny. The lift being a Mopar Performance Part there isn't actually any warranty on it (control arms, shocks, springs etc) so, if somehow i cracked a control arm I have to pay out of pocket for a new one.

BDS have a no questions asked warranty. If it breaks they fix it for free. The dealership I bought my Jeep from takes care of all that for me.

I will add, the information I have came form 3 dealerships here on the island. It could be all BS for all I know, but you can go on BDS's website and read there warranty for yourself lol. :)

Sent from my Galaxy S8

Sent from my Galaxy S8

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! The 2" Mopar kit does not come with control arms, just coils, shocks and a few other small parts. If you were to crack a control arm, that would be an OE part and it would be covered under warranty. BDS is own by Fox and guess what - those are the shocks you'd get with the Mopar kit. As far as coils go - there are countless people who are running the Mopar coils now and all I've heard are positive reviews about how comfortable they are. I don't know if I've heard of a single person talk about the BDS coils. But hey, if you're happy with what you chose to buy, that's all that matters. Not like I work for Mopar or anything. :crazyeyes:

Nolocke

LOL!! The 2" Mopar kit does not come with control arms, just coils, shocks and a few other small parts. If you were to crack a control arm, that would be an OE part and it would be covered under warranty. BDS is own by Fox and guess what - those are the shocks you'd get with the Mopar kit. As far as coils go - there are countless people who are running the Mopar coils now and all I've heard are positive reviews about how comfortable they are. I don't know if I've heard of a single person talk about the BDS coils. But hey, if you're happy with what you chose to buy, that's all that matters. Not like I work for Mopar or anything. :crazyeyes:
The 2' Mopar Kit comes with front lower control arms. Atleast the kit I'm looking at does.

Sent from my Galaxy S8

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The 2' Mopar Kit comes with front lower control arms. Atleast the kit I'm looking at does.

Oh, okay. I see which kit you're looking at. Just out of curiosity, how many factory control arms have you personally seen crack before?