Auto park engaged

Michellemkb

So today I jump in my jeep to drive across the parking lot at the shopping center, and it just stops, panel says auto park engaged, shift to P then gear.
Which I tried, couldn’t get it to move, even in reverse....turns out if the door isn’t all the way shut it activates this feature.
Only took me about 5-10 mins to figure it out, and I few irritated drivers who were behind me.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
So today I jump in my jeep to drive across the parking lot at the shopping center, and it just stops, panel says auto park engaged, shift to P then gear.
Which I tried, couldn’t get it to move, even in reverse....turns out if the door isn’t all the way shut it activates this feature.
Only took me about 5-10 mins to figure it out, and I few irritated drivers who were behind me.

Yup. There are a few threads on this.

SedonaJL

Yup..I also found this out the hard way!! As a new Jeep owner it would have been nice to get 20 minute orientation at the dealership when I purchased but I’m also finding out that joining the JL Wrangler Jeep Forum there is more info here then the dealership could ever tell me!!! Thanks!!!

RMC2

I have found most car sales people do not know very much about what they are selling, much less little details like this.

BillArnett

It really confused me...[/url]

I just read the relevant section of the User Manual three times and I'm still confused.:mad:

I *think* the simple rule would be: always shift into Park before opening the driver's door.

But at least "AutoPark will be disabled when operating the vehicle in 4WD LOW"

Ryan

Boat ramp

Man this got me today at the boat ramp, now I know its bc I had my door open. Never would have figured it out with out the Forum. Thanks. 4L got me out of the situation. But good to know.