Mounted ARB Twin Compressor

Onlyone

Well, I finally installed my ARB. I ran 4 gauge wire from the battery through the frame rails and up through the little vent in the jack area. Sealed that up well.
I have a 60 amp maxi fuse at the battery. After I got everything wired up on Tuesday, the damn thing didn’t work. To make a long story short I got a new one from ARB.
Finished the install today. Got rid of that entire mess of wires. Just two right on the switch. It’s really cool how they wire all that up, but damn. Here is a pic.
It’s done.

Attachments

• E2C835BE-A4A4-4D7D-9E63-4D002BA26485.jpg
    E2C835BE-A4A4-4D7D-9E63-4D002BA26485.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 196

Onlyone

The dual ARB produces a ton of heat( all compressors do). Watch it closely. In that tight area, could have some issues. You will love it though. Great compresoor

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I appreciate it! I had it in my JK under the hood. It’s a great compressor. When it’s running I’ll leave the cover and door open with nothing near it. With it inside hopefully it will get a lot cleaner and cooler air. I lost some storage but I’m used to a 2door so I’m still ahead. Lol.

BillArnett

Very neat. I considered doing the same thing but I think I'll have too much junk in the back on top of the cover making it inconvenient to open to let the heat out. So I'm thinking under the rear seat.

Is that switch all that controls it in your setup? No relay? You didn't use the Aux switches on the dash?

JTCO

Meme King
That looks really good. And now you have a full rear power source if you want to add extras back there.

Onlyone

Very neat. I considered doing the same thing but I think I'll have too much junk in the back on top of the cover making it inconvenient to open to let the heat out. So I'm thinking under the rear seat.

Is that switch all that controls it in your setup? No relay? You didn't use the Aux switches on the dash?

That’s the only switch, yes. The ARB has internal relays.

NFRs2000NYC

The dual ARB produces a ton of heat( all compressors do). Watch it closely. In that tight area, could have some issues. You will love it though. Great compresoor

Surely the compressor on it's own in that area wont produce NEARLY as much heat as mounting it under the hood no? My compressor (VIAIR) is mounted under the good and after a day of wheeling, that thing is roasting hot before I even turn it on, and I've never had a thermal shut down....I can't imagine mounting it in a "cool" area like that would cause any issues. :thinking:

NFRs2000NYC

That’s the only switch, yes. The ARB has internal relays.

Curious why you didn't want to hook it up to one of the AUX switches, or did you not get that option? Also, you may want to consider running a short airline through the framerail so you can have a quick connect chuck at the front and rear of the jeep so you don't even need to access the compressor at all.

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

Under the rear seat will probably get in the way of you being able to fold the seats down no? Im sure someone will back a bracket shortly to let you mount it under the front seat.

Onlyone

Curious why you didn't want to hook it up to one of the AUX switches, or did you not get that option? Also, you may want to consider running a short airline through the framerail so you can have a quick connect chuck at the front and rear of the jeep so you don't even need to access the compressor at all.

I’m lazy. I didn’t want to walk up front to turn it on and off, since I will start and end at the back of the Jeep. I have the Aux switches but there was no reason to run a wire since I have a switch right there. So....yeah. Lazy. Lol

Onlyone

Under the rear seat will probably get in the way of you being able to fold the seats down no? Im sure someone will back a bracket shortly to let you mount it under the front seat.
From the looks of it, there is zero room under the front seat for it. That’s why I ended up putting it where I did. I tried to retrofit my JK mount I had in my 2 door but there wasn’t anywhere to put it under the hood either. I’m sure someone smarter than me will figure something out.

NFRs2000NYC

From the looks of it, there is zero room under the front seat for it. That’s why I ended up putting it where I did. I tried to retrofit my JK mount I had in my 2 door but there wasn’t anywhere to put it under the hood either. I’m sure someone smarter than me will figure something out.

Got it. I’m still in JK mode (waiting for diesel) and didn’t realize there is no room under the seat. What did they put down there??

BillArnett

Oh, I think I see now. I can't seem to find a decent picture of the underside of the rear seats but from what I can infer it seems that there's a lot of space there BUT it disappears when the seats are folded. Grump.