Is THIS Really the All New 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A BIG part of me wants to call BS on these really poor images but an anonymous source sent them to me and from what I'm told, they are supposed to be what the all new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler is supposed to look like. Looks a lot like a JK to me but what do you think?

bktylkbq3yqnpgrz61nu.jpg

j026wwte2kyujxbvjs0f.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If they kept the overall look of the JK, I wouldn't mind. Its not bad looking, just not much of a difference

Agreed. What I'm seeing looks like a lateral move by Jeep. Nothing earth shattering like switching from leaf springs and going to coils or creating a 4-door.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say as much as I had a good laugh at the poor photocopied looking renderings, I think the Jeep Safari concept vehicle that Mopar released today is probably a better representation of what the JL might look like. At least, in terms of the grill and other elements.

20170330140111-e098fc33-me.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A member over on WAYALIFE had posted the following "rendered" images that kind of back up what I was saying about the Jeep Safari.

wrangler-2018-front-mango-tagged-1.jpg

wrangler-2018-rear-open-tagged-1.jpg

wrangler-2018-rear-stripped-tagged-1a.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of course, the Quicksand concept Mopar is bringing out to EJS this year also has a JL Wrangler grill and general styling to it too.

20170330140107-cddab91e-me.jpg

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I have to say as much as I had a good laugh at the poor photocopied looking renderings, I think the Jeep Safari concept vehicle that Mopar released today is probably a better representation of what the JL might look like. At least, in terms of the grill and other elements.

20170330140111-e098fc33-me.jpg

I can't really tell are these a cross between standard fenders and the hi-line fenders? They look higher.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Bill_13

A BIG part of me wants to call BS on these really poor images but an anonymous source sent them to me and from what I'm told, they are supposed to be what the all new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler is supposed to look like. Looks a lot like a JK to me but what do you think?

View attachment 80

View attachment 81

So I guess based on current information you actually had JL renderings 5 months ago today. That's pretty crazy. With mine hitting 11 years old this fall I'm looking forward to putting my order in.