First Jeep! Finally got me from being a lifelong Toyota owner.

ryandamartini

I really am enjoying the JL. It's the vehicle I wanted the 4R to be. It is a hoot to drive as is. I don't think Ill be in a huge hurry to modify it really. Love the easy up soft top here in Florida. JLU Sport S with a few options. i'm very happy with it and being part of a ***MUCH*** more active community. I'm so thankful to be here. I see now why having a Jeep is such an obsession.

IMG_20180321_154408.jpg
IMG_20180321_184543.jpg
IMG_20180321_184607.jpg
IMG_20180321_184558.jpg

Tellico

Welcome and congrats on the Jeep! I’m very interested in how the 7” Uconnect4 display and system os working out. I’ve seen a lot of reviews on the 8” 4C system. What do you think of it? If you get the opportunity, would you mind posting some pics of the quality of the backup camera and if Apple CarPlay or Android Auto can sync a GPS app from your phone seamlessly?
Welcome to the Jeep family!

I really am enjoying the JL. It's the vehicle I wanted the 4R to be. It is a hoot to drive as is. I don't think Ill be in a huge hurry to modify it really. Love the easy up soft top here in Florida. JLU Sport S with a few options. i'm very happy with it and being part of a ***MUCH*** more active community. I'm so thankful to be here. I see now why having a Jeep is such an obsession.

Congratulations! Welcome to the disease!

If you bought a manual transmission, you've got some Toyota DNA in that Jeep. It is made by Aisin, whose majority owner is Toyota. Toyota uses many Aisin transmissions in their vehicles. If you got the auto, you are still in good shape. That new 8 speed is likely to go down in history as by far the best and most stout transmission ever to be put in a Wrangler.

ryandamartini

Welcome and congrats on the Jeep! I’m very interested in how the 7” Uconnect4 display and system os working out. I’ve seen a lot of reviews on the 8” 4C system. What do you think of it? If you get the opportunity, would you mind posting some pics of the quality of the backup camera and if Apple CarPlay or Android Auto can sync a GPS app from your phone seamlessly?
Welcome to the Jeep family!

Sure.

I can say just to initially address your concerns that I think it's worth the upgrade. It works with Android Auto through cord and wireless. Apple Carplay works through the cable. The resolution is definitely much improved over the base system. I'm not a huge audiophile but it gives me the features I use on a daily basis in a nice package.

Android Auto with Google Maps was pretty seamless. Havent tried Apple Maps yet.

ryandamartini

Congratulations! Welcome to the disease!

If you bought a manual transmission, you've got some Toyota DNA in that Jeep. It is made by Aisin, whose majority owner is Toyota. Toyota uses many Aisin transmissions in their vehicles. If you got the auto, you are still in good shape. That new 8 speed is likely to go down in history as by far the best and most stout transmission ever to be put in a Wrangler.

I drove both. I went with the 8 speed. It really is geared well. It isn't indecisive at all. It has a nice yowl and even engine breaks a little in 1st going down hill. I get stick shifts, I do. This trans shifts great though so far and ended up being my choice as its a main vehicle.

JP223/3USA

Congratulations!!!! I wasn’t in a hurry to modify my first jeep too but that ended real quick. You will enjoy the community, write-ups and see all the amazing new upgrades. There’s an itch and it needs to be scratched :)

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app