Mud flaps or guards to do or not to do

M.a.d.

Hey guys I’m struggling with the idea of crappy looking mud guards or flaps on my stock sports s jl.
I can’t stand what little mud and rocks are sticking to my brand new wrangler on the doors .
My question is have any of you bought them or used them in the past? Are they hideous looking Mack truck looking funky mud flaps or do they look descent ?
Now I know I’ve purchased a Jeep and it’s gonna get muddy, but it’s the first brand new vehicle I’ve ever had and when a bug lands on it I want to get out an whip it’s ass lol so should I or no? Or will step rails help some ? Mud can be washed but rock chips can’t . My wife thinks I’m just being anal but I’m proud of this Jeep and want to take care of it so any pics or advice on looks are appreciated .

JTCO

Meme King
Mud flaps look like shit. Rock chips sadly will occur here and there. Someone recently posted some clear tape that you can put on the door hinges to protect them. Buy some touch up paint too, that stuff is helpful.

M.a.d.

Mud flaps look like shit. Rock chips sadly will occur here and there. Someone recently posted some clear tape that you can put on the door hinges to protect them. Buy some touch up paint too, that stuff is helpful.

Sense I bought the sport s I currently don’t have any rock slider, step rails or anything. Just the raw body. Do you think rails , tube steps or something bolt on would “catch” or deflect part of the rocks and debris ? Or do they not stick out very far?
If I’m having this much anxiety over a little mud slinging now , wonder how I’ll be with big wheel and tire upgrades lol

JTCO

Meme King
Sense I bought the sport s I currently don’t have any rock slider, step rails or anything. Just the raw body. Do you think rails , tube steps or something bolt on would “catch” or deflect part of the rocks and debris ? Or do they not stick out very far?
If I’m having this much anxiety over a little mud slinging now , wonder how I’ll be with big wheel and tire upgrades lol

They will probably deflect a little bit. Might as well get sliders if you plan on using the Jeep in the rocks at some point.Larger tires will definitely cause more debris on the sides of the Jeep.

M.a.d.

They will probably deflect a little bit. Might as well get sliders if you plan on using the Jeep in the rocks at some point.Larger tires will definitely cause more debris on the sides of the Jeep.

This Jeep won’t see rocks as in climbing boulders , I’m in more of a grassy , mud type area . Woodsy trails type deal , mostly muddy woodlands with the occasional log to cross over . It’s the quarter size rocks that get slung up with the mud that’s bothering me lol . Thanks for your advice ... all input is appreciated

ocrejects

Hey guys I’m struggling with the idea of crappy looking mud guards or flaps on my stock sports s jl.
I can’t stand what little mud and rocks are sticking to my brand new wrangler on the doors .
My question is have any of you bought them or used them in the past? Are they hideous looking Mack truck looking funky mud flaps or do they look descent ?
Now I know I’ve purchased a Jeep and it’s gonna get muddy, but it’s the first brand new vehicle I’ve ever had and when a bug lands on it I want to get out an whip it’s ass lol so should I or no? Or will step rails help some ? Mud can be washed but rock chips can’t . My wife thinks I’m just being anal but I’m proud of this Jeep and want to take care of it so any pics or advice on looks are appreciated .

They make a plastic coating that you can put over your fenders or around your the bottom of your fenders and on the bottom of the doors. lt’s clear and you can’t even tell that it’s on. Look for a company that installs this, that’s your best bet. Mudflaps look like crap on a jeep !

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app