JL JOURNAL : 2.5" EVO Stage 4 JL Wrangler Lift Kit INSTALLATION

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
JL JOURNAL : 2.5" Jeep JL Wrangler Lift Kit How to Installation - EVO Stage 4 Boost w/Control Arms

The easiest way to get your Jeep JL Wrangler running on a set of 35" tires or 37" tires on a Rubicon, is to install a small 2.5" lift much like the kind that EVO Manufacturing makes. In addition to coming with 2.5" coil spacers, the EVO Stage 4 Boost Kit also comes with bump stop extensions, shock relocation brackets, a new pair of rear sway bar links and front brake line extension brackets. Depending on what your needs are, optional overland control arm drop brackets are available, as are replacement heavy duty adjustable control arms for those of you who intend to run taller lift coils and/or shocks in the future. In this 'HOW TO' episode of the JL JOURNAL, we'll show you just how easy it is to install the EVO lift, with a set of their adjustable control arms and with just a basic set of tools. Of course, the instructions in this video could easily help you install any lift of this size and/or type, including ones made by Mopar, Rubicon Express, Rough Country and the like. We hope you enjoy the video and find the information in it to be useful.

Buy the EVO 2.5" Boost Lift here:
https://amzn.to/2JjGglL

To see a more thorough, written version of this write-up complete with tons of detailed photos and torque specs, simply click on the link below:
WRITE-UP : JL WRANGLER 2.5" EVO Stage 4 Boost Lift & Control Arms INSTALLATION

Please let me know if you have any questions. :cool:

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
Awesome video. I really like the way Jeep set up the drag link adjustment. Just a little bit faster than the JK.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video. I really like the way Jeep set up the drag link adjustment. Just a little bit faster than the JK.

When I first saw the drag link, I kinda suspected that's what it was for but once I started working on our JL and could confirm it, I was pretty impressed. :crazyeyes:

I’ve been looking forward to this, to see just how different things are, on a JL. Thank you two, for this.

You bet, glad we were able to help out with this. :)

Sierra Nevada

Another great video. Your voice is very clear and understandable. Camera work is awesome. Loved how you id'd the socket sizes, named all the parts and showed us some of the techniques you developed for easier installs. Great learning aid for newbies. Thx much! :thumb:

Skippy

Jet Li looks great. That lift is perfect for it. Very informative and thorough video as always. I am curious though. Is it also a leveling kit or just 2.5" front and rear?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jet Li looks great. That lift is perfect for it. Very informative and thorough video as always. I am curious though. Is it also a leveling kit or just 2.5" front and rear?

The coil spacers are equal. Although, I personally don't think the JL needs to be leveled. Taking measurements before and after, our JL sits close to level.

Skippy

The coil spacers are equal. Although, I personally don't think the JL needs to be leveled. Taking measurements before and after, our JL sits close to level.

I think that is the fastest response I have ever gotten on any forum. Thank you for such a quick response and also the details. I am sure you have a bus life so all the details and videos are much appreciated. I think you are right about the stance of it as well. I just worry that I would have to do the lift and then a .5" spacer or something else.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Loved the video! Man those top bolts on the front and rear spacers just look like a royal PITA to do!

How long (about cause I know you had to do slow for filming) did the install take you to do?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think that is the fastest response I have ever gotten on any forum. Thank you for such a quick response and also the details. I am sure you have a bus life so all the details and videos are much appreciated. I think you are right about the stance of it as well. I just worry that I would have to do the lift and then a .5" spacer or something else.

A too soon to tell what will happen long term but I'll be sure to report back what we find.

Loved the video! Man those top bolts on the front and rear spacers just look like a royal PITA to do!

How long (about cause I know you had to do slow for filming) did the install take you to do?

2 days. Could have easily been done in about 4-5 hours without filming.

JAGS

A too soon to tell what will happen long term but I'll be sure to report back what we find.

2 days. Could have easily been done in about 4-5 hours without filming.

Let find out when we do mine. [emoji12] No filming as I wouldn’t want to embarrass myself. Lol.

JLjeepster

Shock extensions

Im getting this lift but Do I need shock extensions? I will be getting fox shocks to replace the stock ones so I wasn’t sure if I still need the extensions

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Im getting this lift but Do I need shock extensions? I will be getting fox shocks to replace the stock ones so I wasn’t sure if I still need the extensions

So long as your new Fox shocks are longer than stock, you will not need extensions.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie are you running the rancho shocks?

Yup. Been testing them out for a while now. They ain't no King shock but they are a big improvement over stock when running big tires and at about $55 a piece, they're hard to beat.