2018 Kleman soft top 4 door rubicon

Kole miller

2018 JL rubicon 4 door soft top

2018 JL rubicon 4 door just switched from hard top to soft. No directions. Can’t seem to unlock soft top. Both black hinges mounted to rear roll bar show lever in locked position. Don’t want to force it. I tried pulling on rear lever in back of soft top which usually releases it by pulling on cables. Need help how to unlock those two black hinges mounted to rear roll bar. Any help please. Kole

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

2018 JL rubicon 4 door just switched from hard top to soft. No directions. Can’t seem to unlock soft top. Both black hinges mounted to rear roll bar show lever in locked position. Don’t want to force it. I tried pulling on rear lever in back of soft top which usually releases it by pulling on cables. Need help how to unlock those two black hinges mounted to rear roll bar. Any help please. Kole
Did u try pushing down on top slightly to relieve tension from the locks then moving them to unlocked?

Sent via....

Kole miller

2018 rubicon soft top

Will try pushing down will let u know. When had top off tried unlocking and still no luck. Was not sure if during shipping they somehow lock it to protect it.

Kole miller

2018 rubicon soft top

Thanks for the tip. I reduced the tension on soft top and eventually the hinges both unlocked. Great advise. Thank you