Speedo recalibration.

Onlyone

Seems Jeep has a way now to fix the speedo issue. I called my dealer in Grand Junctio, Co and they said they are only going to charge 1/2 hour labor. So $55. I was going to wait for the Procal but that’s a pretty good price so I’ll pay it. I’ll let everyone know how it goes.

Attachments

• calibration 2-4.pdf
    281.6 KB · Views: 40

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really, just $55?? I'm taking my JL into the dealership tomorrow and I was told it was going to cost $125. I know that JeepFan has already gotten his JL calibrated and he was charged $125 as well.

Onlyone

Really, just $55?? I'm taking my JL into the dealership tomorrow and I was told it was going to cost $125. I know that JeepFan has already gotten his JL calibrated and he was charged $125 as well.
I was expecting that too but she said they are only charging 1/2 hour which she explained is $55. We shall see.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was expecting that too but she said they are only charging 1/2 hour which she explained is $55. We shall see.
Don't get me wrong. That'd be awesome if that's all you have to pay :thumb:

I’m just looking forward to a Procal for the TPMS.

You and me both! Nice that the dealership can do this but it'd be nice to lower the psi on the TPMS.

RMC2

$125. Really. And I thought it was gonna be reasonable in price. A JL is already kinda pricy.

I guess it is like getting a dealer to reflash a 430N in a JK for backup camera. Some are free and some a couple hundred.

At least it is a service that was programmed to be offered in the first place.

BillArnett

I’m just looking forward to a Procal for the TPMS.

That would be nice but I’m guessing it may be a long wait. Jeep, like many others, has made it much harder to “hack” the computer. If they’ve really gotten serious about it, and they may very well have, then it could easily be almost impossible for anyone to make a Procal-like device.

Penance81

Might be worth waiting on a re-calibration. I have been trying to get mine done at the local dealer apparently you have to buy a MVP plan, once that registers to the vehicle they can then upload a new program to re calibrate. My dealer was trying to get mine done but was having issues. I picked it up because they were going to have to work with Mopar and have me bring it back. I just thought for shits and giggles I would check to see how bad it was off now that I had driven for a week because some had made the comment that the JL could adjust up to 10% in tire change on its own. Now like you all probably are I rolled my eyes at this. However after checking with two phone gps and a road side speed sign my Jeep JL has calibrated itself for my 37" tires for the speedometer to be correct.

I was so confused I called the dealer asking if he was sure they didn't just think it did not work. The service manager said they never even touched mine they were still trying to just get their computer to download the new software. So I say check your vehicle before paying to re-calibrate you may be surprised. Trust me I have checked and double checked at speeds from 45pm-70mph with phones and road side speed signs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Might be worth waiting on a re-calibration. I have been trying to get mine done at the local dealer apparently you have to buy a MVP plan, once that registers to the vehicle they can then upload a new program to re calibrate. My dealer was trying to get mine done but was having issues. I picked it up because they were going to have to work with Mopar and have me bring it back. I just thought for shits and giggles I would check to see how bad it was off now that I had driven for a week because some had made the comment that the JL could adjust up to 10% in tire change on its own. Now like you all probably are I rolled my eyes at this. However after checking with two phone gps and a road side speed sign my Jeep JL has calibrated itself for my 37" tires for the speedometer to be correct.

I was so confused I called the dealer asking if he was sure they didn't just think it did not work. The service manager said they never even touched mine they were still trying to just get their computer to download the new software. So I say check your vehicle before paying to re-calibrate you may be surprised. Trust me I have checked and double checked at speeds from 45pm-70mph with phones and road side speed signs.

Hmmm, interesting. Going in about an hour. I'll report back what I find.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, just had this done and it worked great for us. You do have to buy an MVP contract which costs $125 but it is good up to 2 re-calibrations. After testing things around town and on the highway with a GPS, it looks like all is good for us. :cool:

longarmwj

Okay, just had this done and it worked great for us. You do have to buy an MVP contract which costs $125 but it is good up to 2 re-calibrations. After testing things around town and on the highway with a GPS, it looks like all is good for us. :cool:

Glad it worked out for y'all!

Jet Li looks MASSIVE in that picture!!

RMC2

Interesting approach, this MVP contract.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So is that $125 and then pay for each recalibration as well? That’s not horrible for a quick fix.

Actually, it's $125 for this re-calibration and then I can do it again in the future at no charge. As crazy (or scary) as it may sound, I'm pretty sure I don't even have to bring the Jeep in to do it. :eek: :crazyeyes: