Soft top window storage

JL2018

Any good recommendations of how to store my soft top windows when the top is down?

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I saw that they have a bag like the one for freedom tops, but doesn't look like it's included, I'm hoping I can use the freedom top bag for soft top windows as well.
seems to me that once they're bent, the creases might last for a long time.

JTCO

Meme King
We had a window storage bag for our JK and found it more work than it was worth. We sold it about a year later and only used it 3 times. Ours came with a sleeved blanket. It had to be laid out where it was clean (inside the house). The windows had to be clean or dirt stuck to the blanket. It was very hard to get the windows rolled up in the bag. Ultimately what we do is just leave the windows in the garage laid out flat. If we happen to hit rain or heavy mud out on the trail, we just put the top up even though rear windows aren't there and then just clean up the mess when we feel like it. Just easier, IMO.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

On the JL you have to be careful not to break the alignment "pin" that sticks out of the rear "sail panel". That's what locates everything on the new quick removal top.

Sent via....

JAGS

On the JL you have to be careful not to break the alignment "pin" that sticks out of the rear "sail panel". That's what locates everything on the new quick removal top.

Sent via....

Have no idea what that is yet, but will keep an eye open for it one I start messing with the top.

13_gecko_rubi

There is a tab that sticks out at bottom of sail panel. That tab goes into the bracket on body. It's what aligns it. You'll see as soon as u look. It's not small

Sent via....

RMC2

Haha. I'll probably just get some fleece blankets lay them in the trunk area and put a strap across them. The more I'm researching the more it sounds like a bad idea to try and roll the sides up.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I may try to figure out a flat sleeve that I can hang from the backside of the back seat. Depends on just how big the corner piece is. It kinda looks big.