Tube doors

RMC2

I would just try them. Measure them first. Maybe measure and go find a JL on the lot, on a Sunday when no one is around. Measure width and hinge spacing for starters.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a set of JK tube doors and I'll size them up but honestly, I doubt they'll work.

tallguy26

I have a set I never installed because the manufacturer took 6 months to ship them. Guess we will wait and see. I think the front door is the same but the rear may be an issue because I think the latch is mounted higher.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

I have seen one person who has done it. The front doors lined right up. The rears he had to move the latch up as it is higher like tallguy stated. On that one id say it's kinda like bumpers. People have gotten JK bumpers to fit but the lines are off. Same goes on the JK tube doors on a JL imo.

Sent via....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have seen one person who has done it. The front doors lined right up. The rears he had to move the latch up as it is higher like tallguy stated. On that one id say it's kinda like bumpers. People have gotten JK bumpers to fit but the lines are off. Same goes on the JK tube doors on a JL imo.

Sent via....

If the lines are off, it doesn't work in my opinion. I can remember back when the JK came out, a lot of companies just modified things like TJ bumpers to "work" and while they were able to make them bolt up, they just looked silly.

Strike Force Zebra

Supporting Advertiser
Obviously it’s going to come down to manufacture and how “close” of a fit you want. BUT, there is such a HUGE difference for us that we are doing all new 8 molds (not cheap[emoji15][emoji12]) for the JL.IMG_4865.jpg

As you can see in this shot, there are so many edges that don’t line up/have gaps( big ones at that). I seriously doubt any reputable company will try it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Thanks for posting the pics. Agreed, any customer spending the money that doors cost would be crazy to want it looking that far off.