Aftermarket remote starter

Justjeepinit

Hello all, new to the site. Just picked up my new JLU Rubicon couple weeks ago with out the remote starter package. Was hoping that another member knows of an aftermarket one they have put in, or one that is available. Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm, I can't say that I know of any but hopefully someone will. Great to have you here.

JTCO

Meme King
Hello all, new to the site. Just picked up my new JLU Rubicon couple weeks ago with out the remote starter package. Was hoping that another member knows of an aftermarket one they have put in, or one that is available. Thanks

I've had the displeasure of dealing with a lot of aftermarket remote starter systems and alarm systems while working in shops over the years. IMO they are more headaches than do good. They can cause a lot of troublesome electrical issues.

Pipebndr

I have to agree with WJCO. The starting system is all controlled through CAN. Adding anything to this system other than factory add on is asking for a headache. It’s no longer tapping into the ignition and starter wire. Just think of all the inputs that have to take place to start it in a normal fashion, now with a remote start they need to be bypassed and the vehicle needs to know that it’s not in a drive mode, just engine run. That is the benefit of CAN system, and not having to worry about someone hearing it running and stealing it when started with the factory remote start.