Anyone make a winch plate for the JL yet?

PaulNY

So, I have this really pretty, shiny, new Warn Zeon 10s sitting in my garage. It feels neglected, and well frankly I don't blame it :D I know Mopar makes a winch plate, but my dealer says it's not available and doesn't appear that it will be anytime soon. So, has anyone heard of a vendor that currently has a winch plate available so my little buddy has a place to finally rest his head?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, those companies have one and so does Rusty's. Like the two of you, I have a ZEON 10S just waiting to get installed as well but I'm holding out for a company that I trust.

PaulNY

As mentioned, those companies have one and so does Rusty's. Like the two of you, I have a ZEON 10S just waiting to get installed as well but I'm holding out for a company that I trust.

Eddie, I know you are not a fan of JCR off-road, but upon searching it appears they have one as well. Any reason to at least not recommend their winch plate? Or, would you utilize Rusty's or ATP's first? I am trying to be patient lol. If you don't mind, what company are you waiting for and what are they telling you regarding lead time before their respective winch plate is ready?

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Eddie, I know you are not a fan of JCR off-road, but upon searching it appears they have one as well. Any reason to at least not recommend their winch plate? Or, would you utilize Rusty's or ATP's first? I am trying to be patient lol. If you don't mind, what company are you waiting for and what are they telling you regarding lead time before their respective winch plate is ready?

Prob waiting for rancho, rockhard, daystar, and maybe evo to make one and I would do the same. They are all companies I trust

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Prob waiting for rancho, rockhard, daystar, and maybe evo to make one and I would do the same. They are all companies I trust

What Cozdude said ^^^

I may not wheel as hard as some but I do use my winch often enough to want mine installed. That being said, I'm not in that much of a hurry. Unless you just want it on for looks, I'd just sit tight and wait for a bit. :yup:

RMC2

What Cozdude said ^^^

I may not wheel as hard as some but I do use my winch often enough to want mine installed. That being said, I'm not in that much of a hurry. Unless you just want it on for looks, I'd just sit tight and wait for a bit. :yup:

Eddie, you wouldn't need that winch so much if you would just let Cindy drive instead.

Maybe you should drive a Jeep with big tires. :p:idontknow:;)

NFRs2000NYC

Devils advocate here, I have no stake in any company, but isn't a winch plate just a 1/4" thick steel plate with bolt holes? Does it really matter who makes it?

JTCO

Meme King
Devils advocate here, I have no stake in any company, but isn't a winch plate just a 1/4" thick steel plate with bolt holes? Does it really matter who makes it?

As far as the quality of steel, yes. Oops, I don't mean to start a trade war. ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, you wouldn't need that winch so much if you would just let Cindy drive instead.

Maybe you should drive a Jeep with big tires. :p:idontknow:;)

:doh: :crazyeyes: :D

To me it matters. I don't prefer to support companies who are full of themselves and JCR is one of those companies. Also, I'd rather support companies who work hard to make superior products. But then, that's just me.

As far as the quality of steel, yes. Oops, I don't mean to start a trade war. ;)

LOL!! And then, there's this :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Watch "JCR Winch Plate for Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Steel Bumper" on YouTube

JCR makes a universal winch plate that fits several brands including Warn.

LOL!! Clearly, you have not read the comments on this thread before posting this up. :crazyeyes:

longarmwj

It's a shame that JCR is lacking build quality and humble-ness. Their new JL front bumpers look very very nice, but like Eddie said, I couldn't see myself buying from them :(