Best fire extinguisher to carry inside Jeep?

PaulNY

So, I am in the process of getting my Jeep prepared for a zombie apocalypse or armageddon, whichever comes first. Therefore, I am accumulating gear to ensure I give myself the best chance of survival. Among many things I have on my list is a fire extinguisher. Therefore, can you you all recommend an extinguisher, and the preferred holder? Also, where is the best place to attach the extinguisher? Thanks!

PaulNY

I have a Halguard extinguisher with the drake mount. They are a bit pricey, but an easy clean up if you have to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks for the heads up! May I ask where you have the extinguisher mounted? And, I assume the drake mount is universal and can be used on the JL? Lastly, which model Halguard to you recommend as there appears to be several options?

Last edited:

Trainwreck618

Thanks for the heads up! May I ask where you have the extinguisher mounted? And, I assume the drake mount is universal and can be used on the JL? Lastly, which model Halguard to you recommend as there appears to be several options?

I have it mounted in front of my seat, and have considered moving it to the side. Not sure if there are mounts available from drake for the JL yet. I really cannot remember what model I have off the top of my head either.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

RMC2

I want to say there is an option closer to $100 that doesn't leave a residue. I have a standard ABC, but I know it will leave a nasty residue if I have to use it. In my JK, it is mounted to the door side of the drivers seat. Easier to grab. Lots of people mount them to the roll bar, and then put the top on. Somewhere on the inside of the tailgate would be a decent choice. You want it to be accessible in a big hurry, not deep inside the Jeep. My 2 cents.

Right now, there are lots of things we want that hasn't made it to market yet. Some JK stuff will work, and some will not.

RMC2

Quick check, I think it is halguard. $130. Or halotron $190-210

I borrowed this, but is similar to what I read about fire extinguishers, except the BC part. Do some google research on automotive fire extinguishers.

"Re: Clean up fire extinguisher residue from car paint and interior surfaces
It depends on what type of extinguisher was utilized. ABC extingushers contain ammonium phosphate, which will form phosphoric acid upon contact with water. Problem is, if the powder is left, it will draw moisture from the air making more concentrated phosphoric acid.

BC extinguishers normally contain potassium or sodium bicarbonate in a mixture. They aren't corrosive and should give no problems washing away. "

There was more info. Typical ABC dry chemical will reek total havoc, and cause other damage.

Last edited: