Dash Colors

chessiehokie

I'm not a fan of the red dash on the Rubicon with black seats... besides being perhaps my least favorite color, red just doesn't seem to fit with some of the exterior color combinations (i.e., Ocean Blue, Punk'n Metallic, and Mojito Green). Those exterior colors are already evident on the inside anyway in multiple places, so why not just go old-school and have the dash color match the exterior color? That also would make it a color already chosen by owners rather than something forced on us by an interior designer somewhere in Michigan. That's how my old CJ-7 was and it looked great!

I realize that by going with the Heritage Tan seats you get what appears to be a satin gray dash, which doesn't clash quite as much... but it still seems to me that things would be so much more harmonious and traditional to go with the exterior color across the dash.

I take it as a given that some people like red and if you're in that crowd you'll probably like the red dash with the red, gray/silver, black, and maybe even white exteriors... but I also take it as a given that some don't like red at all, so why force it on us?

I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on this...

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The red dash only come on specific colors. Colors like Mojito ONLY come with the silver dash.

bolig4x4

I hate the red dash! Thinking about ripping it out and putting a wrap of some sort on it when my order comes in. I still have a month prob to think about it. :thinking:

JTCO

Meme King
I would imagine if it's not too cumbersome to remove, you could vinyl wrap it. I did some of that stuff in my WJ and it wasn't all that hard nor expensive.

13_gecko_rubi

It would be a lot harder to color match the dash to every color they make. Probably impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
The complexity police would have a stroke too!!

If you want to color match the panels they aren't that hard to take out. U have to pull radio bezel off which is just those plastic clips u pull and it releases. Then top of dash comes up same way. Once those are out of way there are 4 or 6 screws per panel holding them in.

Sent via....

RMC2

That’s why I went with black too, but still anticipate that when I pick her up that I am going to hate the red dash. Who knows maybe it will grow on me. :idontknow:

Have you seen it yet? I test drove a black Rubicon and the red dash is still very sharp.

I was sitting in it yesterday again, drooling, at the Kansas City auto show. Along with a lot of really nice and fancy cars that stickered for the same price.

bolig4x4

Have you seen it yet? I test drove a black Rubicon and the red dash is still very sharp.

I was sitting in it yesterday again, drooling, at the Kansas City auto show. Along with a lot of really nice and fancy cars that stickered for the same price.

I saw it in person on a red one. Wasn’t impressed! Maybe black will be different? :idontknow:

MrGiant

I'm no fan of the red dash so far....but everyone has it's own taste.
To set the red one as Rubicon exclusive is ok. But while there is a silver one existing I cannot understand why the customer is not allowed to choose which of these two is his favourite. If I don't like mine when I finally order and pick it up to see it with my own eyes, I am sure to vinyl it

Bueller44

The red dash is one of the contributing factors to me choosing the rubi. Not the main one, but on my list of pros.
I almost went with the tan leather, but fear how dirty it could get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KS-Mike

The red isn’t as bad as the pictures make it out to be, I was worried, but with Black JLUR and red trim leather it looks good.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Back In Black

I think the Red is cool, especially on White and Black exterior colors.
I ended up going Black and Tan, as such my dash is that dark grey which blends nicely into the interior.

RMC2

I think the Red is cool, especially on White and Black exterior colors.
I ended up going Black and Tan, as such my dash is that dark grey which blends nicely into the interior.

There seem to be a few that are willing to trade red for grey. The grey is nice, but the red POPs. I like the tan seats.

MrGiant

I just found some facts about the european rubi, so the dash could be trash and I would not change it immediately....
according to a picture in an article from "auto motor und sport" (german car magazine), the european version will not have the high line fenders, a wide plastic bumper and some gap-fillers between both - just to mention some differences. because of the low fenders, I guess it will not have 33s on it, but it seems as these will be KM2s

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de...18-alle-infos-bilder-daten-sitzprobe/?block=1

so there are enough things to change before worrying abut the dash :D

MrGiant

Sorry, it was not my intention to fool anyone or skmething like that (my english is not good enough in phraises)
There is a translation function in google as far as I know....but the image is the most interesting part as it shows most optical differences.
The rest is about the availabe tops, the unavailable V6 engines, gas and diesel, and some other things. Most specs are the same for US and Euro model, except everything that comes to pedestrian safety in case of an accident. I have also read about a steel hood instead of the aluminum one, that's sad
Thought it could be interesting, but you in the US definitely have the better Wrangler!

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app