Help with Rims

WranJLerYYC

Hey all. We have a set of AEV Pintlers that have 5.2” of backspacing. We were thinking about swapping them onto our JL Rubi but they don’t have sensors in them and the alarm can get annoying. So

Should I swap to the Pintlers? Or keep the stock rims? I would like to upsize to a 35” tire after these so will the backspacing on the Pintlers be an issue if we run a 2” lift in the JL? Should we run the stock tires and upsize the rubber on those?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can either transfer your TPMS sensors into your Pintlers or buy new ones. The only thing you'll need to make sure of is whether or not your Pintlers have mounting holes big enough to accept 14mm studs.

WranJLerYYC

You can either transfer your TPMS sensors into your Pintlers or buy new ones. The only thing you'll need to make sure of is whether or not your Pintlers have mounting holes big enough to accept 14mm studs.

I guess the question is should I keep the stock wheels for when I go 35” or keep the Pintlers for that. Just say that you were going to have issues because the back spacing on your new KMC wheels. Would I run into that issue with the Pintlers with 35’s and a 2” lift.

Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I guess the question is should I keep the stock wheels for when I go 35” or keep the Pintlers for that. Just say that you were going to have issues because the back spacing on your new KMC wheels. Would I run into that issue with the Pintlers with 35’s and a 2” lift.

Thanks

If I recall, factory wheels have 6.25" of back spacing. Your Pintlers will have about an inch less and that would HELP give your 35's a bit more breathing room to clear your sway bar and maybe frame at a full turn. Again, you would need to verify that the mounting holes will clear 14mm studs though.

I would do stock and get spacers if you wanted a wider stance. Not a fan of the pintlers myself.

Yep, that's an option too. :yup:

13_gecko_rubi

Thanks

Assuming the Pintlers fit the 14mm studs like Eddie stated (I'm fairly certain they do but not 100% sure), you will be perfect with 5.2 bs and 35s and 2". As long as u have a Rubicon. U actually don't want to go wider unless you just like wider look. 5.2 will keep the tires tucking inside the flares not into them.

Sent via....

RMC2

Any good beadlocks with backspacing in that sweet spot range?

I love Jet Li's new BLs but they sit out a little farther. I would assmue the Mopar beadlocks are about the right spot, but I wish the rings protect the bolts like ATX/KMC wheels have.

I may never actually get beadlocks, but will be good info to share with others.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Any good beadlocks with backspacing in that sweet spot range?

I love Jet Li's new BLs but they sit out a little farther. I would assmue the Mopar beadlocks are about the right spot, but I wish the rings protect the bolts like ATX/KMC wheels have.

I may never actually get beadlocks, but will be good info to share with others.

You can get the trail readys with more backspacing.